Cybersecurity Systems Administration
Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The RNEC provides Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services, Cybersecurity, and Computer Network Defense to the tenants on the installation. The C4IM Services List defines Army baseline enterprise and mission information technology services provided and/or supported by the RNEC.
The RNEC supports multiple Major Army Commands with diverse missions in a multi-service environment. It defends the network while providing transparent integration and delivery of DoDIN-A information technology services and capabilities in support of battle command for all operating and generating forces assigned to APG.
Education and Certifications:
- Validate technical standards and security policy for LAN topologies and components; identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Configure and maintain, and harden RNEC network devices (i.e. layer 2 & 3 switches and routers); support and troubleshoot remote network services (VPN).
- Administers Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
- Responsible for development of an updated Quarterly Enterprise System Management Architecture Design Document describing service level offering deployed and planned enhancements.
- Draft and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for the functional category.
- Perform scanning with the Enterprise provided tool and provide non-compliance reports
- Provide reports and documentation in support of the submission for the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Assist with preparation for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs) and other Department of Defense or Department of the Army Cybersecurity related inspections/evaluations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- CompTIA Security+ baseline certification required. Full Computing Environment (CE) certification required.
- Must possess and maintain either either a CompTIA CASP, (ISC)2 CISSP or CAP, or ISACA CISM certification"
- Experience with wireless monitoring and WarDriving.
- Knowledge of log collection and analysis.
- Hands-on experience and training on the verification and enforcement of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) identification and remediation
- Hands-on experience and training on the verification and enforcement of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) identification and remediation
- Experience with reporting, scanning and analysis using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Knowledge of Certification & Accreditation (C&A) processes and the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Knowledge of Cyber Command Readiness Inspection (CCRI) or similar functions/audits
- Knowledge of Incident Response Plans (IRP) and incident response executions
- Knowledge and experience communicating IA concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills; project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.