Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The primary focus includes directing and controlling the overall accounting function, to include all aspects of accounting management, analysis, reporting, payroll processing, and government regulatory compliance function.
Education and Certifications:
- Interact with senior management, consultants, internal/external auditors and clients.
- Responsible for detailed general ledger analysis and reconciliations
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and month end closing and as directed by CFO
- Ensures all accounting records, policies and practices are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations, as well as various regulatory agencies.
- Reports results to CEO, and CFO to ensure timely and effective decision-making.
- Establishes effective internal controls to protect Company assets and receipts and ensures compliance to above-stated policies and practices.
- Oversees disbursement activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees accounts receivable activities to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc., funding service management which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience required; proficiency with general ledger, job costing, cost accounting and GAAP compliance a must
- Must have working knowledge of Unanet accounting software.
- Must be proficient in standard office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving aptitude required; must be able to analyze client needs and leverage accounting systems effectively to create value to customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required; must effectively communicate the scope of work and technical findings or recommendations to a non-technical audience; ability to produce readable, concise and accurate written documentation required.
- Must be able to isolate issues and define problems clearly and articulate solutions in a clear, concise, and consultative manner
- Demonstrated success and experience collaborating with accounting/finance, IT, as well as operational support teams.
- Working/functional knowledge of accounting concepts, finance-level applications, and internal controls.
- The following qualifications are expected in order for employee to be successful:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing/evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Propensity and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and an organized approach to performing work.
- Team player with strong partnering skills and able to work in diverse groups and teams.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
Holidays and Annual Leave
- PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual