Military Veteran Recruiter
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Under general supervision, the Recruiter markets PTP’s job opportunities and recruits external applicants to obtain employment with PTP. This job class requires knowledge of applicant sourcing techniques, interviewing, employment laws related to hiring, and the ability to effectively identify and match applicants’ skill sets with open positions in a variety of departments.
- Interviews external and internal applicants through phone and in-person interviews.
- Screens applicants to match background and work experience to written job description.
- Ensures the accuracy and completion of all applicant documentation including the PTP employment application, resume, pre-employment screenings and offer letters. Ensures this documentation is provided to Human Resources for the personnel file.
- Works with Human Resources to determine appropriate starting salary for external and internal candidates.
- Coordinates interview and recruiting process with hiring managers and others involved in the hiring decision as necessary.
- Develops sourcing strategies, markets job opportunities through job postings, Internet sources, job fairs, referrals, and other sources of external applicants.
- Coordinates recruiting activities and events with community agencies, job postings, Internet sources, job fairs, and businesses to attract qualified candidates.
- Maintains documentation for all open and closed positions, offer and denial letters, and related recruiting documentation. Updates job postings, advertisements, and applicant files.
- Conducts employment reference checks on final candidates.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to multitask and be a self-starter.
- Minimum of one year recruiting experience to include experience with recruiting techniques, technology, and methodologies.
- Military veteran experience is preferred.
- Intermediate personal computer expertise including Internet search engine utilization, to post jobs and source applicants.
- Knowledge of labor laws relating to recruiting, interviewing, applications, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and accommodations;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
- Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, and self-starter
Certificates and Licenses Required:
About the company:
- Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
- High School Diploma or GED
- A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year