||Small Craft Maintenance Technician
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Maintain all command combatant craft in an optimum state of readiness (ensure they are safe and in the maximum degree of readiness.) Performs organizational and intermediate-level maintenance and Depot Level overhaul on all types of internal combustion engines; performs preventive maintenance on auxiliary equipment and on small craft diesel engines, clutches, transmissions, and drive shafts for operational and logistical requirements for NAVSCIATTS.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance, and engine power head and lower unit overhauls on 2 and 4-stroke outboard engines ranging in size from 30 to 350 horsepower and 470 horsepower diesel engines, along with equipment trailers.
- Fabricate and fit tubing and flexible hose assemblies; monitor electrical charging and regulating systems; operate and maintain hydraulic equipment; control or minimize the effects of oil and fuel spills.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair on 25 foot aluminum defender class Safe craft, 25 foot Fiberglass Boston Whaler, 11m RHIB, 38 foot aluminum defender class Safe craft, and aluminum hulled mud boat to include repairs and maintenance on gauges, navigation equipment, and communication equipment that is specially designed for Special Operation Commands.
- Perform organizational and intermediate-level maintenance and overhauls on all types of internal combustion engines. Start and operate all types of internal combustion engines.
- Perform preventive maintenance on auxiliary equipment, 7.5 KW generators, and on small craft diesel engines, clutches, transmissions, and drive shafts.
- Overhaul internal combustion engines; adjust valves, injectors, control racks, governor, and governor-control linkages on diesel engines; check oil clearance in bearings; adjust and test diesel and gasoline engines; and operate and troubleshoot internal combustion engine blowers and turbochargers.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, assist with maintaining a shop with all necessary tools and equipment and safety gear to perform maintenance and repair on small craft.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Three (3) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of all propulsion and auxiliary systems for assigned craft.
- Shall be certified through factory trained schools to work on Evinrude, Caterpillar and Mercury Marine engines.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with outboard engines, diesel engines and the auxiliary systems found aboard our small maritime craft inventory.
- Five (5) years’ experience conducting small maritime craft commercial (non-warranty) repairs to ensure all repairs are properly scheduled and completed.
- Five (5) years’ experience using specialty tools, such as torque wrenches, timing and fuel rack adjustment tools, feeler gauges, depth gauges, and snap gauges as part of the routine maintenance and equipment diagnostics processes.
- Five (5) years’ collective experience using factory technical manuals, instructions, and publications to ensure repair procedures are in accordance with specifications.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year