Job Title: Support Mechanic
Job Location: Coronado, CA.
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Up to 50%
Purpose: To assist in the maintaining, diagnosing, trouble shooting, repairing, monitoring and reporting the material status and maintenance requirements of assigned Combatant Craft Mediums (CCM) and associated equipment to ensure each detachment ca
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide diagnostics support, troubleshooting support, and repair to the following equipment: Diesel engines (Motoren-und Turbinen-Union (MTU) Preferred), reduction gears, auxiliaries, propulsion systems, including their subassemblies such as engine electronic/electrical systems, fuel systems, lubrication systems, starting systems, steering systems, electrical distribution system, bilge dewatering systems, cooling systems, fire suppression, and hydraulic systems for the CCM, prime mover, trailer and associated equipment.
- Assist and provide technical recommendations to the Government regarding CCM maintenance and repair. Focus shall be on providing technical assessments and recommendations to the Preventative Maintenance System of the craft.
- Maintain and repair tires, batteries, brakes and valves, conduct shop management functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control and estimate labor, material and equipment needs. Page 2 of 8
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment failures, repair and maintain diesel and gasoline engines, adjust and repair ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintain chassis, frames, and bodies as well as work with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges, meters, and lubricating equipment.
- Be capable of performing repairs in both a shipyard and workshop environment as required.
- Be familiar with and possess ability to utilize specialty tools, such as torque wrenches, timing and fuel rack adjustment tools, feeler gauges, depth gauges, snap gauges, and other specific tools as part of the routine maintenance, diagnosis, and repair activities.
- Assist Government personnel in preparations and transport of CCM.. Tasking shall include movement of all supporting equipment in order to provide contingency response and logistical support to detachments at various locations both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Meet requirements in order to deploy and travel with a CCM Detachment CONUS and OCONUS and must maintain a valid passport to support overseas travel requirements and possess and maintain SECRET security clearance.
- Possess a class “A” license to operate the CCM prime mover with trailer and craft attached.
- Qualify to operate various types of government owned vehicles and equipment to include possessing the following: a) Class A Tractor Trailer license with HAZMAT Endorsement b) Forklift Operator License up to 20,000 pounds c) History of Power Plant Operation and setup (30K/60K Generator)
- Coordinate with Troop or Maintenance Department Chain of Command (COC) on all matters concerning CCM safe engineering and operating procedures.
Support Mechanics shall be familiar with welding operations and possess supporting qualifications in order to conduct or assist in repairs of CCM and associated equipment. Specific skill shall include:
About Our Company
- Blueprint and schematics reading.
- Basic understanding of Sheet Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) processes.
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal fabrication.
- Basic understanding of fiber glass and hull repair.
- Shall have a working knowledge of military publications, technical instructions, and engineering/ electrical illustrations relating to repair procedures and operations.
- Previous military experience and or understanding of the US Navy rates, ranks, COC and protocols is preferred but not required.
- Must have experience working with military combined with experience maintaining and repairing diesel engines, gasoline engines, chassis, lubricating systems.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year