Strategic Planning Lead
Washington, DC Metro Area
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
TS with SCI Eligibility
The Strategic Planning Lead is a Senior level contractor lead for a DHS CISA organization and manages 3 other contractor personnel. Provides Strategic level support for the responsibilities listed below and manages and coordinates all actions of the contractor staff in support of this mission.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
1. Program Management
- Draft documents, such as briefing memos, meeting materials, reports, and correspondence, to support organization activities.
- b. Manage the implementation of priority projects, including developing and implementing project plans and providing regular updates to Federal staff.
- c. Support development, maintenance, and content of communication mechanisms for information sharing purposes (i.e., portal, email, listservs, etc.).
- d. Support coordination of efforts across the organization.
- e. Provide administrative support such as technical writing, proofreading and technical authoring, including integrating various source documents into a cohesive product which may be delivered as computer-based graphical and narrative presentation material to all levels of management.
2. Strategic Analysis
- Review National level policies and strategic planning documents, cross-border agreements, and others of National impact on Critical Infrastructure (Cl) protection and resilience and bring awareness to government with any issues that may cause conflict with NIPP policy.
- Provide expert knowledge of critical infrastructure protection to analyze and write technical and analytical papers, options papers, and reports.
- Provide analytic capability to determine actionable programmatic gaps across the critical infrastructure protection enterprise.
- Conduct research, integrate data, and perform preliminary analysis as required
- Analyze assorted information sources related to critical infrastructure and aggregate that information into draft reports or informational briefs to senior leadership.
- Review literature surveys, technical data, technical report reviews, national strategies and/or sector-specific changes that may affect the infrastructure protection landscape.
3. Capacity Building Support
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- The contractor shall possess technical writing expertise and have access to and produce information graphic and data visualization capabilities to provide information, data, and knowledge clearly. Information graphics will support requirements such as finished strategic documents, briefings, talking points, reports, white papers, newsletters, fact sheets, handbooks and/or training guides.
- The contractor shall provide research and analytical support to assist organization and its public/private partners in data collection and in analyzing approaches and the identification of solutions to improve coordination of homeland security efforts within the United States at large and with specific infrastructure sectors and councils.
- The contractor shall conduct studies and research to support joint public-private planning, deliberations, issues resolution, programmatic and coordinated development and deployment of capabilities that support the national mission of critical infrastructure protection and resilience.
- The contractor shall conduct research and strategic studies and reports on partnerships and information sharing, regionally and nationally, to support CISA/ISD and the critical infrastructure sectors for the development of NIPP- implementation products, working with the Sector and Government Coordinating Councils, Presidential Advisory Council, cross sector councils, and any workshops or exercises needed to support the development of these studies and roadmaps. Topics for implementation roadmaps may include sector specific or cross-sector effective infrastructure protection practices, information sharing strategies and issues, and partnership best practices. Topics for research and analysis may include information sharing mechanisms, resilience and preparedness strategies, critical infrastructure security measures and vulnerabilities and development and development programs addressing infrastructure protection priorities. Research and analysis shall incorporate current critical infrastructure and information sharing legislation, policy, strategy and practice.
- The contractor shall assist with additional programs and assessments as required by the government to support the implementation of the NIPP and the supporting Sector Specific Plans.
- The Strategic Planning Lead must have at least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience acting as a senior representative for an organization that developed national-level plans, including at least three years applied to national security or homeland security missions.
- Experience working within DHS required
- Experience working with DHS, CISA desired
- Current DHS security credentials highly desired and preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT, KM, and Cyber Security required
- Experience with and understanding of strategic planning, policy development, training development and exercises, assessments, and high-level staff action officer support and analysis is required
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year