The primary purpose and responsibility of the Fund Distribution Financial Analyst are to assist government employees with the full scope of appropriated funds; budget, distribution, control, and reporting for Naval Special Warfare (NSW) enterprise.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Conduct actuate data entry into official financial systems, internal trackers, and other required documents or systems related to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Construct financial string of data to establish appropriate financial information pointers within the official accounting system via official templates provided by system owners.
- Extract data, daily, from official financial systems and internal trackers to collect and compare.
- Ensure all financial data comply to the USSOCOM DFAS 7097 report.
- Ensure provide record maintenance is adhered too, by saving all official documents to the Share Drive, SharePoint, or uploaded to the proper system (e.g. HP TRIM, SIPR, NIPR).
- Conduct reconciliation of any imbalance of financial systems and trackers.
- The contractor shall provide N711 Funds Control status updates, until complete, on any reconciliation conducted.
- Adhere to all classification marking on established and draft documents.
- Provide other assistance in direct or indirect support of accomplishing Data Entry, Extraction, Maintenance, and Reconciliation requirement..
- Trend and Forecast Analysis
- Conduct trend analysis by gathering, collecting, and comparing historical data. This collection data will be used to compare funds distribution history and trends, and historical trends.
- Store data gathered, collected, and compared on NSW provided N71 Share Drive and/or SharePoint (NIPR or SIPR).
- Convert all gathered, collected, and compared into information that will aid in decision making my NSW management.
- Provide forecast and projection on the applicable data gathered, collected, and compared.
- Provide recommendations or keynotes pertaining to the trend analysis and/or forecast analysis.
- Provide other assistance in direct or indirect support of accomplishing Trend and Forecast Analysis requirement.
- Provide daily financial status reports to the N711 Funds Control.
- Provide start and middle of month Oversea Contingency Operation (OCO) execution reports to N711 Funds Control.
- Provide start and middle of month Exercise report to N711 Funds Control.
- Provide start and middle of month Military Construction and Procurement reports to N711 Funds Control.
- Aid N711 Funds Control on other financial reports and data calls as needed.
- Aid N71 Budget Department on other financial reports and data calls as needed.
- Provide narratives to updates and change in report statuses.
- Assist in making budgetary presentations to management, operating officials, and subordinate command financial personnel, representing N711 Funds Control to impart information and support recommendations.
- Assist in defending budgetary estimates, answering questions, and providing clarification.
- Assist in defending budgetary estimates, certified obligations, responding to “Request for Information” (RFI), and providing clarification as required.
- Provide other assistance in direct or indirect support of accomplishing Financial Reporting requirement.
- Review to concur or reject Funds Request via the N71 Budget Funds Request portal.
- Create business feeder system authority distribution document (e.g. CFMS-C Decision Sheets or FASTDATA RC Adjustments), route for approval, and generate.
- Create Funds Authorization Documents (FAD) within EFD then route for approval.
- Ensure funds are balance amongst all financial systems and tracker before the close of business, no later than, 1700PST.
- Follow distribution plans approved by N7 Comptroller, N71 Budget Officer, and N711 Funds Control Supervisor.
- Comply with DoD Financial Management Regulations.
- Provide other assistance in direct or indirect support of accomplishing Funds Distribution requirement.
- Desktop Procedure Documenting
- Document N711 Funds Control internal business process.
- Submit one completed draft to N711 Funds Control.
- Provide support on business process improvement projects it directly relates to Funds Distribution, Financial Reporting, Analysis, and Data
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a SECRET Security Clearance.
About Our Company
- Program/Project Management, SOF & Experience (desired)
- Level II Intermediate - a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree is preferred) in a related discipline and 10-years of experience in the field of work.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year