Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: Coronado, CA.
$33/hr. plus up to $4.41/hr.
Purpose: The primary purpose and responsibly of the Fund Distribution Financial Analyst are to assist government employees with the full scope of appropriated funds; budget, distribution, control, and reporting for Naval enterprise.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Compile Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data from various sources (N72 Portal, SABRS or in SABRS Management Analytics Tool (SMARTS) in support of Navy FMB metric goal, such as 12% annual UMD reduction
- Prepare daily/weekly recurring Consolidated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Metrics for COMNAVSPECWARCEN delivered in an electronic mail
- Assist with COMNAVSPECWARCEN Navy SABRS Migration Data Cleansing Preparation due to the compressed timeline with migration.
- Reduce the number of records that will be migrated to new financial system
- Perform closing/de-obligation obsolete transactional records.
- Ensure vendor/customer/ material Key Supporting Documentation (KSD) exist on all transaction that require them.
- Support the COMNAVSPECWARCEN Financial Management Internal Review Program (IRP)
- Perform quarterly testing and evaluation of business segments to determine whether necessary Key Supporting Documentation (KSDs) and controls are in place and producing intended results using guidance in internal and external references (ie. GAO-14-704G, Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government, and OMB Circular A-123, management’s Responsibility for Internal Control)
- Key business segments: (include Contract Vendor Pay, Civilian Pay, Reimbursable Work Order Grantor, Reimbursable Work Order Performer, Transportation of People, Transportation of Things, MILSTRIP-Material, MILSTRIP-Fuel, Government Purchase Card, General Equipment)
- Conduct reviews and revisions for Delegation/Letter of Authority (DOAs) per SECNAVINST 7000.27C.
- Conduct Reviews and Updates of Systems Access Listings for Financial Systems for User Validation and Training Requirements/Certifications.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a SECRET Security Clearance.