Job Title: Calibration Program and Oxygen Clean Program Support
Job Location: Little Creek, VA
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: CONUS and potential OCONUS
The purpose of this contract is to provide subject matter expertise through program management, engineering, technical, logistics and knowledge-based services in support of Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) units, Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV), Shallow Water Combat Submersible (SWCS) and other support equipment to ensure assets are mission ready.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in providing calibration support of precision measurement, test equipment, and maintaining cleanliness requirements of Diver Life Support System (DLSS) and Oxygen systems tracking that all certification and technical requirements are met for all calibrations and cleaning services done within the Deep Submergence System (DSS) – SOC boundary in support of DDS, all DDS support equipment, DCS, SDV, SWCS, and any interfacing programs/ equipment.
- Determine the technical and material requirements required to maintain a NAVSEA certified laboratory.
- Assist in maintaining requirements for competent testing and calibrations in accordance with NAVSEA 04- 04734 Naval and Marine Corps Calibration Laboratory Audit/Certification Manual, NAVAIR 17- 35TR-8 Technical requirements for Calibration Labels and Tags and ANSI/NCSL Z540-3 Requirements for the Calibration of Measuring and Test Equipment.
- Research and identify quality assurance controls and requirements as per Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual.
- Interface with the Supply Department and Repair Parts Petty Officer (RPPO) for assignment of document numbers, stock numbers, and material identification identifying contractors/sources of non-stock items, providing buyers with technical requirements, assisting in determination of allowable material substitutions.
- Conduct research of technical information including technical manuals, technical specification, calibration, and cleaning requirements, etc. to DDS/ DCS/ Diving Maintenance personnel.
- Maintain Clean Room to meet requirements for MIL-STD 1330 Oxygen systems and MIL STD 1622 compressed air systems.
- Provide In-Service Calibration by processing planned and corrective maintenance as directed by CWPs/FWPs to successfully accomplish the required calibration within the DSS-SOC boundaries of DDS or associated ancillary equipment.
- Perform Calibrations IAW U.S. NAVY Metrology and Calibration (METCAL) program.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare appropriate certification documentation.
- Establish and maintain cleanliness of calibrated systems.
- Clean and certify new gear IAW MIL-STD 1330 Oxygen systems and MIL STD 1622 compressed air systems.
- Establish and maintain a computer based electronic system for the indexing, and filing Calibrations completed in addition to requirements stated by the METCAL program.
- Maintain ability to conduct fly-away Calibrations and cleaning services throughout a deployment of DDS.
- Provide In-Process Work Controls during the performance of calibrations and O2/DLSS clean work on DDS and DCS. Other contractors may be relied upon to resolve technical, equipment, procedural and material problems that may arise. Train NAVY personnel in Certifying Members as O2 Clean Workers and Members as O2 Clean Room Workers.
- Participate in weekly meetings on the current status of product development and approval of packages.
Education and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus twelve (12) years related experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with FMP management practices and a thorough knowledge of automated modernization information systems applicable to K, KP and D SHIPALTS and SHIPALT contractor and installation activities.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with submarine maintenance, IMA, or submarine repair.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience interpreting and implementing a broad range of management policies in automated modernization management systems.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in a class 100,000 cleanroom in accordance with MIL-STD-133.
- Qualified Oxygen Clean Instructor.
- Secret level Clearance.
- Prior Military experience preferred.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual