Job Title: DDS Planner (Dry Deck Shelters)
Job Location: VA Beach, VA
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: CONUS and potential OCONUS
The purpose of this contract is to provide subject matter expertise through program management, engineering, technical, logistics and knowledge-based services in support of Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) units, Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV), Shallow Water Combat Submersible (SWCS) and other support equipment to ensure assets are mission ready.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide planning and technical support for all LOGSU-8 assets, such as Dry Deck Shelters (DDS) and Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV).
- Assist in the maintenance planning and support to ensure the equipment is capable, reliable, and available to perform its mission.
- Provide DSS, Scope of Certification (SOC) and SDV mechanical and electrical technical planning expertise and support.
- Research and assist in preparation of DSS, SOC and SDV Formal Work Packages (FWPs) and Controlled Work Packages (CWPs) for use by maintenance personnel.
- Identify required parts for use, as required.
- Conduct technical procedure and data research, assist in preparation Liaison Action Requests (LAR), Technical Manual Deficiency Evaluation Reports (TMDER) and Technical Feedback Reports (TFBR).
- Provide technical support and information to various contractors as requested. Interface with OEM manufacturers and other service providers as needed to complete tasks under the PWS. Notify the COR in advance of all interactions with non-government individuals when completing such tasks.
- Assist in training Navy personnel in all aspects of planning, technical research, and technical document preparation, including planning support for unit deployments.
- Assist when requested to provide DDS mechanical and electrical technical planning support and SOC FWP/CWP preparation.
Education and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus six (6) years related experience and BA/BS plus two (2) years related experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines or submersible platforms.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with submarine mechanical and electrical systems or components.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with developing and writing Controlled Work Procedures (CWPs)/Requisitions (RECs)/Formal Work Procedures (FWPs).
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines QA Program; and two (2) years of Knowledgeable about NAVSEA 9290 requirements.
- Secret level Clearance.
- Prior Military experience preferred.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Cancer & Accident).
- Short-Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance up to $50,000
- Long-Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual