Job Title: SDV Planner
Job Location: Pearl City, HI
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: CONUS and potential OCONUS
The purpose of this contract is to provide subject matter expertise through program management, engineering, technical, logistics and knowledge-based services in support of Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) units, Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV), Shallow Water Combat Submersible (SWCS) and other support equipment to ensure assets are mission ready.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in SDV and SWCS Planner Support by providing the technical expertise for planning work packages in support of maintenance on SDV MK 8 vehicle till demilitarization and certification management of the new SWCS vehicles. Responsibilities will primarily be overseeing the planning, records management, technical design reviews, research and development, construction and fabrication, temporary modifications, boundaries and quality maintenance processes (technical work documents, formal and controlled work packages) to ensure certifications and life cycle including modifications and upgrades to the SDV and SWCS vehicles.
- Assist with mechanical and electrical planning for all MK8 SDV and SWCS assigned to LOGSU-8.
- Provide the technical procedures, data research, assist in preparation and tracking of Liaison Action Request (LAR). They will provide Technical Deficiency Evaluation Reports (TMDER) and Technical Feedback Reports (TFBR) for SDV and SWCS vehicles to ensure SWCS and SDV certification and sustainment.
- Responsible for the technical adequacy and accuracy of work being performed or completed. Ensure all specification requirements are fulfilled by technical standards/specifications to maintain full operation capabilities and certification.
- Obtain and maintain all technical and engineering drawings, standards, specifications, developments, and changes for modernizing the SDV and SWCS vehicles. Provide technical review and evaluation of program manuals, maintenance requirement cards for SWCS SOC. Review technical feasibility, proposed test procedures, maintenance plans and concepts, engineering calculations, and risk or hazard analysis reports to ensure accuracy, safety, and compliance of equipment. Ensure all CWP and FWPs contain correct and up to date, initial conditions, materials needed, procedural steps, test and inspect requirements, OQE and system restoration within the CWP and FWPs.
- Assist in development of specifications for all material procurement, both standard and special and all maintenance concepts during SDV and SWCS life cycle.
- Assist in maintaining SDV and SWCS technical manuals, training aids and drawings for SDV and SWCS systems. Instruct and train military team members and management staff regarding technical procedures and processes.
- Assist in the review of all test data and preparation of reports covering test results. Capable of summarizing conclusions of test to verify compliance with technical requirements.
- Assist with coordination of assigned work against scheduled completion dates and other priorities and then provide feedback and analysis to the Repair Officer (RO) and SDV Maintenance Officer.
- Assist in the Planning and Maintenance Process by ensuring all CWP and FWP steps are completed prior to storing. Have CWP and FWP arranged and accessible for any audits or inspections.
- Coordinate with applicable divisions in the preparation of all work and tests necessary to complete administrative procedures (QA forms, MRC, LAR, TEMP MODs, etc.) and technical procedures (repairs, installations, tests, and inspections) of equipment and components integrity, reliability of systems, and recertifying and certifying the SDV and SWCS vehicles.
- Conduct technical data review and evaluation of design proposals submitted by program to ensure proper technical documents, procedures and drawings are on hand. Provide feedback to support changes in procedures, material modifications, objective quality evidence and application of new technologies to ensure sustainment of system certification.
- Identify specific safety procedures, concerns and steps that will be encountered in the performance of assigned work. They will ensure revisions such as scope of work changes, boundaries, and test and/or material requirements are updated in all written CWP and FWPs.
- Write clear and concise work procedures in CWP and FWP to the appropriate level of detail for the given skilled Craftsman. Critical steps in the process should be understandable and easy to follow.
Education and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus six (6) years related experience and BA/BS plus two (2) years related experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines QA Program; and two (2) years of Knowledgeable about NAVSEA 9290 requirements.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with developing and writing Controlled Work Procedures (CWPs)/Requisitions (RECs)/Formal Work Procedures (FWPs).
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with submarine mechanical and electrical systems or components.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines or submersible platforms.
- Secret level Clearance.
- Prior Military experience preferred.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations."
- Set the Example - "Be out front."
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual