The purpose of this requirement is to obtain contractor personnel support Serves as a Training Specialist in the Curriculum Systems Division (CSD) at Commander Naval Special Warfare Center (COMNAVSPECWARCEN), Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado, CA.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Oversees development and maintenance of up to 80 COMNAVSPECWARCEN courses to include Training Project Plans (TPP), Training Course Control Documents (TCCD), Lesson Plans/Trainee Guides, Instructional Media, Testing Plans, Pilot Reports, and Letters for Approval/Promulgation.
- The development should enhance situational independent decision making including basic and advance theory and motor skills
- Conducts job task analyses in coordination with subject matter experts which result in course material and content in coordination with subject matter experts which result in course material and content
- Conducts job task analyses to solve training problems, increase student capability and deliver efficiencies through design and development of training systems
- Responsible for testing program management for COMNAVSPECWARCEN courses and curriculum in accordance with Navy Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) 130 Series.
- Analyze testing methods to ensure appropriate and effective methodology
- Drafts curriculum of new training programs or the major revision of existing curriculum.
- Conducts annual formal course reviews and prepares and disseminates reports to management and stakeholders on effectiveness and quality of training to support program objectives.
- Advises the instructional staff on curriculum design, development, and delivery methods.
- Coordinates the curriculum maintenance and management process
- Reviews and prepares documentation in preparation for annual ACE (American Council on Education) reviews, inspections, and evaluations.
- Acts as project manager for new development and curriculum revisions
- Ensures procedural compliance with curricula design, development, course approval requirements and testing.
- Advises the instructional staff on testing programs and delivery methods.
- Analyze instructor evaluations and offer feedback for improvement.
- Advises recommendations for review boards for Master Training Specialist (MTS) program.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree is preferred) in a related discipline and 10-years of experience in the field of work. Government may consider waiver for Bachelor’s Degree.
Desired: The FTE shall have experience using Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) software
Desired: Master Training Specialist, preferred
Desired: Prior experience with Navy Learning and Development
About Our Company
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year