Joint Health Risk Management – Public Health SME
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS; potential OCONUS
******************* FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE********************CONTRACT AWARDED*********************
The purpose of this task is to provide SOCOM SG with Subject Matter Experts (SME) who have a thorough knowledge of SOF force health protection, tactical medical care, environmental science, and full-spectrum special operations in order to provide input and assistance to the Joint Health Risk Management (JHRM) Enhanced Capability Demonstration (ECD). JHRM ECD consists of planning duties and support for drafting CONOPS, supporting government market research, consolidating component responses, and coordinating across SOCOM for input to the JHRM demonstration plan.
Provides SME support in force health protection reporting directly to SOCOM SG leadership on issues affecting the JHRM ECD. Supports SOCOM with the formulation, implementation, operation and implementation of JHRM ECD.
Education and Certifications:
- Documents and archives JHRM decisions, policies, and procedures for leadership consumption and future requirement documentation.
- Drafts and maintains USSOCOM JHRM ECD datasets, update and provide USSOCOM input to JHRM ECD knowledge management portal.
- Coordinates with SOCOM Component Command’s, JHRM ECD stakeholders (CBRN, FHP, POTFF, CWMD, clinical, etc.) to gather information and draft reports and/or products in support of JHRM efforts.
- Drafts concepts and operational views with input from SOCOM Component Command health protection.
- Supports SOCOM occupation and environmental health risks identification and evaluation via the JHRM ECD.
- Drafts occupational health documentation, research and reports; disseminating information to SOCOM Component, OSD, researcher when directed.
- Conducts graduate level research and analysis on JHRM strategies; provides recommended solutions for implementation into the JHRM ECD.
- Constructs and maintains required JHRM ECD management and execution reports weekly, monthly, etc. per the plans.
- Provides SME support to bio-surveillance working groups; supports JHRM ECD and provides user feedback for use by the SOCOM SG leadership in monitoring program progress.
- Supports staff coordination, correspondence, tasking/action work and productivity measurements, procedures analysis and communications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in physical or life science or public health
- Certified Emergency Manager OR - Certification Board of Infection Control & Epidemiology Certified OR - Certified in Public Health OR - Military Equivalent (i.e. Environmental Science Officer)
Minimum 20 years’ experience in public health (includes occupational health and safety, environment science, or epidemiology) of which:
- 3 years’ coordinating and executing occupational and environmental health plans across organizational lines within the last 8 years
- 6 years’ Emergency Management planning at the state or county or military Force Health Protection/Continuity of operations at the 2-star command level, i.e. military Environmental Science Officer/Force Health Protection Officer/Medical Planner, FEMA Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist or Emergency Management Specialist (Mitigation), CDC Epidemiologist
- 3 years identifying health risks and recommending courses of actions to manage those risks, i.e. military Operational Risk Manager, FEMA Environmental Protection Specialist or Emergency Management Specialist, CDC Public Health Analyst/Advisor or Epidemiologist or equivalent