Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Active Secret Clearance
The RNEC provides Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services, Cybersecurity, and Computer Network Defense to the tenants on the installation. The C4IM Services List defines Army baseline enterprise and mission information technology services provided and/or supported by the RNEC.
The RNEC supports multiple Major Army Commands with diverse missions in a multi-service environment. It defends the network while providing transparent integration and delivery of DoDIN-A information technology services and capabilities in support of battle command for all operating and generating forces assigned to APG.
Education and Certifications:
- Apply technical standards and security policy for LAN topologies and components; identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, harden, and support enterprise network devices (i.e. layer 2 & 3 switches and routers). Implement, troubleshoot, and support Enterprise Provider Edge (E-PE) Router, Area Bridging Switch (ABS), Area Core Switch (ACS), Area Distribution Switches (ADS), Edge Access Switches (EAS) and Wireless Access Points (WAPs) equipment and Voice over IP (VoIP) solution; manage CiscoPrime, CA Spectrum, Brocade Network Advisor (BNA), Aruba 6000 Controller, Cisco IOS, Cisco NS-OX and Cisco Call Manager and Unity devices; install, troubleshoot, move, and remove E-PE, ABS, ACS, ADS, EAS, WAPs and VoIP equipment as required.
- Provide local common-user LAN and CAN (Campus Area Network) touch labor (troubleshooting, repairing, etc.).
- Install, configure, support, and troubleshoot converged IP and Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS), Multi-Spanning Tree (MST), Domain Naming Service, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Media Access Control (MAC), and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP). Support remote access, wireless networking, virtual private networking, circuit provisioning.
- Monitor the limited geographic CAN and LAN by utilizing enterprise management software to monitor network performance, analyze network activity, and maintain a high level of network availability. Perform network discovery and conduct fault analysis.
- Provide network utilization reports to the COR.
- Manage network equipment/software to include configuration management and capacity management.
- Responsible for development of an updated Quarterly Enterprise System Management Architecture Design Document describing service level offering deployed and planned enhancements.
- Draft and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for the functional category.
Knowledge and Experience:
- CompTIA Security+ baseline certification required. Full CE certification required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (Skillport acceptable within 6 months of hire), or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications required.
About the company:
- Experience with CiscoPrime, CA Spectrum, Brocade Network Advisor (BNA), Aruba 6000 Controller, Cisco IOS, Cisco NS-OX and Cisco Call Manager, Wireless protocols (802.11b/g/n), Wireless Authentication Protocols (EAP, PEAP, EAP-TLS and EAP-TTLS, etc.) and Solarwinds Orion software (NPM, netflow, and virtualization, etc.) on a heterogeneous network; thorough understanding of network protocols and services (TCP, UDP, IP, STP, CDP, HSRP, DNS, DHCP, VTP, VPN, FTP, TFTP, IAS, VoIP, NAT and Dot1.x).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network components (ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances, 3000/4000/5000/6000 series multi-layer switches and routers, Cisco Unified IP Phones, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience communicating networking concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills; project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year