||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide Historian and Knowledge Management/Knowledge Engineer (KE) Support to the United States Southern Command (SOUTHCOM)
Education and Certifications:
- Shall provide non-personal services to include expertise in historical research and writing, knowledge management, and knowledge engineering.
- Understand the principles of ‘applied history’ and advanced historical research methodology. Applied history can be described as historical analysis, investigation, archival work, historic preservation, documentaries and firsthand experience.
- Advanced historical research methodology, utilizing techniques and guidelines by which Historians use primary sources and other evidence to research and then write histories in the form of accounts of the past.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Doctoral level degree preferred, must have at minimum a Master’s in history or related field.
About the company:
- Microsoft Products.
- NARA and the Joint Records Management regulations for generating, accessioning, maintaining, and archiving records.
- “Chicago Manual of Style” writing format, and familiar with AR-25-50 “Preparing and Managing Correspondence” for research, writing, and editing procedures.
- KM/KE related documents to include, but not limited to: The Army’s 12 KM Principles, and familiar with DoD Instruction 8220.ff – Knowledge Management for the Department of Defense (Draft), Army FM 6-01.1 Knowledge Management Section, July 2012, KM Cross-Functional Team (CFT) Charter- CJCSI 5124.01, and other Authoritative materials addressing KM theories, methodologies, principles, and techniques.
- Industrial standards for developing business process and flow chart documentation, process development, testing, refining, re-engineering, improving process efficiencies, and vetting using established best practices. Knowledge of Lean 6 Sigma principles, methodologies, and techniques is desirable but not required.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
- Knowledge Management
- .NET Web Applications
- SharePoint Development
- Content Management
- Server/System Support
- New Equipment Training
- Web-Based Portal Services
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 120 hours PTO accrual per year