Senior Policy, Strategy and Plans Specialist SME
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Top Secret/SCI (must be current and active)
Up to 25% CONUS & OCONUS
*****THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE FILL*****
The purpose of this task is to provide support to the J3 Afghanistan mission objectives and directly contribute to the daily operational management of the SOF Enterprise composed of Headquarters USSOCOM staff, USSOCOM Service Components, Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTF), and relevant interagency (IA) and coalition partners. The contractor shall provide subject matter experts (SMEs) for multiple activities within J3 Afghanistan.
Education and Certifications:
- Supports SOJTF planning, pre-deployment preparation, deployment and re-deployment.
- Lead and facilitate SOJTF-A and SOJTF-B integration with USSOCOM global synchronization of DoD trans-regional combating terrorism and countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) efforts from design and implementation through assessment of planning efforts and synchronization events
- Liaison, coordinate with, and provide analysis to all participants in planning, preparing, deploying and supporting SOJTF-A; including USSOCOM, USCENTCOM, SOCCENT, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, NATO, the interagency, and other participating partners and allies.
- Analyze, evaluate and assess strategic level environment, issues, atmospherics, dynamics, requirements, and processes used in the Joint Staff, OSD, the Interagency, National Security Council Staff, and subordinate Component Commands.
- Edit, and review written orders, plans, briefings and papers. Orally present analyses of these products to senior leaders.
- Provide information, papers, memos, and briefings for senior leaders to inform, influence or make decisions.
- Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or conferences related to SOJTF operations, plans, emerging special operations opportunities, and other initiatives.
- Analyze, evaluate and assess the impacts of external plans, policies, and guidance on USSOCOM; provide recommendations regarding potential USSOCOM actions in response to the external guidance, requirements, and other factors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in any field
- Graduate of a JPME course, Intermediate Development Course, or a Senior Professional Military Education Course
- Graduate of the School of Advanced Military Studies or equivalent
About the company:
- 10 years combined, Joint, SOF, or Interagency experience working joint military operations conducted in a joint, combined, and interagency environment.
- 3 years’ experience working with USSOCOM enterprise
- 5 years’ experience in strategic-level planning (e.g. operational design, military decision making process, contingency plan development, etc.)
- 5 years’ experience briefing and preparing written products for senior leaders (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level)
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours of PTO accrual per year