Operational Plans Specialist SME
Fort Bragg, NC
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Current DoD TS/SCI
Up to 25% CONUS
The J3 SOJTF supports and coordinates responsive support to Special Operations Joint Task Forces day-to-day operations, crisis response, and contingency planning. SME shall support SOJTF planning, pre-deployment preparation, and deployment. SME shall support and assist with SOJTF integration with USSOCOM global synchronization of Department of Defense (DoD) trans-regional combating terrorism efforts from design and implementation through assessment of planning efforts and staff development events.
- Liaison, coordinate with, and provide analysis to all participants in planning, preparing, deploying and supporting a SOJTF; including USSOCOM, GCCs, TSOCs, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, NATO, the interagency, and other participating partners and allies.
- Understand the strategic level environment, issues, atmospherics, dynamics, requirements, and processes used in the Joint Staff, OSD, the Interagency, National Security Council Staff, and subordinate Component Commands.
- Edit, and review written orders, plans, briefings and papers. Orally present analyses of these products effectively to senior leaders including GO/FO and SES.
- Provide clear, concise, accurate, easily understandable, and technically correct information, papers, memos, and briefings for senior leaders to inform, influence or make decisions.
- Facilitate seminars and small group discussions at staff development events that support pre-deployment preparation, deployment and redeployment.
- Provide relevant professional information to SOJTF-A concerning the historical, political, military, cultural, religious, and economic conditions and factors that personnel deploying to Afghanistan in support of SOF may encounter.
- Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or conferences related to SOJTF operations, force generation activities, and other initiatives.
- Analyze, evaluate and assess the impacts of external plans, policies, and guidance on USSOCOM; provide recommendations regarding potential USSOCOM actions in response to the external guidance, requirements, and other factors.
About the company:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- 5 years combined Joint, SOF, or Interagency experience working joint military operations conducted in a joint, combined, and interagency environment.
- Graduate of a JPME course, Intermediate Development Course, a Senior Professional Military Education Course, or civilian equivalent
- 3 years’ experience working with the DoD
- 5 years’ experience in operational or corporate level planning and design
- 5 years’ experience in corporate level document drafting, editing, proofing and briefing.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employee-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual