General Maintenance Technician (Weapons and Ordnance Technician)
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide garrison support functions for SRT-2 with the execution of services affecting the overall command operational readiness.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Maintain an electronic inventory control and accountability utilizing Naval Special Warfare regulations, DPAS, and MS Office products.
- Administrative inventory control and accountability by maintaining the records of the property accountability, to include a complete trail of all transactions suitable for audit.
- Physical inventory control and accountability through secured spaces and storage units, access lists, marking and tracking property received and issued.
- Adding and removing equipment and supplies from all inventory databases, to include properly disposing of items through the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA).
- Issuing and receiving equipment and supplies utilizing the proper custody receipts and/or similar documents designed to assign responsibility for property.
- Support and provide guidance/recommendations to command personnel on related supplies and services.
- Work closely with NSWG-2 Ordnance Department, LOGSU-2 Armory and NSW Ranges.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Prior DOD experience (minimum of four years preferred) with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast paced, completing multiple tasks, efficiently, safely while meeting stringent timelines.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Prior DOD experience, minimum of four years preferred.
- Hold certification in the transportation of weapons and ordnance across public highways in accordance with Department of Transportation CFR-49.
- NEC 0812 and/or DoD equivalent to include National Riflemen Association, NEC 0814 Crew Served Weapons Instructor and/or DoD equivalent, NEC 9536 Ammunition Administration and/or DoD equivalent
- Explosive driver license with Medical certification.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs.
- Must be SECRET cleared prior to appointment.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year