||Logistics Support Technician
||Virginia Beach, VA
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support to maintain supply operations and separation functions to Naval Special Warfare Group Three.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist with processing and managing initial personnel gear, sustainment gear, and resolving Operational Consumables (OPCON) issues.
- Assist in the processing of General Service Requests.
- Assist with processing and managing incoming materiel, stowage, inventories, and daily reconciliation of material issue in DPAS, RSUPPLY, and SSAVIE.
- Assist with warehouse management/receiving/stowage/receipt processing.
- Assist with DPAS/R-Supply Management, including data entry, inventory management, and item research with each system.
- Assist with identification of incoming material to verify appropriate recipient.
- Assist with life cycle management to include ordering, issuing, return and disposal of all SPEAR gear issued to TECHs and SEALS.
- Assist with SSAVIE Management, including data entry, inventory management, and item research.
- Provide customer service to include material & SPEAR gear issue.
- Assist with DRMO processing.
- Assist with processing and managing the receipt, turnover and shipment of material for parent commands.
- Assist with Receiving/shipping incoming/outgoing material.
- Assist with processing and managing the return and disposal of personnel gear.
- Provide a quarterly status report on actions taken, identify potential concerns and address any perceived shortfalls.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Be able to drive Government-owned trucks, forklifts and vans.
- Have an active Secret Clearance.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office application, to include Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess an excellent work ethic.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pay strong attention to detail and be highly accurate in performing all tasks.
- Perform duties independently, with minimal oversight.
- Be able to write correspondence in a military format, when necessary.
- Enter data into multiple databases and ensure data is maintained.
- Ensure consistency and appropriate cross-referencing for newly entered and previously entered data.
- Retrieve data and use data to respond to a variety of customer and vendor inquiries.
- Compile and analyze data to identify trends, deficiencies, and accomplishments related to the assigned programs.
- Perform research to determine reasons for patterns of transaction errors and failures.
- Research problems surfaced by customers; resolve issues or route to appropriate Government personnel with information setting forth research findings.
- Conduct extensive searches for information pertaining to complex and/or unusual supply transactions and patterns; assemble retrieved information into different formats to meets different requirements; for example, status reports, unmet customer needs, and other similar areas.
- Analyze the results of applying guidelines to difficult situations and recommend changes.
- Review existing automated system(s) to determine feasibility improvement.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- 2 years’ experience applying inventory management practices and procedures in a military or DoD setting.
- 2 years’ experience providing logistics support to users of major government systems and/or logistics operations.
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Operation (license to operate a forklift is required).
- Navy / Naval Special Operations experience preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year