Junior Logistics Technician/Property Management Logistician (PML)
Coronado, CA/Little Creek, VA/Honolulu, HI
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 10%
Provide on-site property management support to government Accountable Property Officers (APOs), Assistant APOs (AAPOs), Responsible Officers (ROs), and other property management personnel across the NSWC Force from NSWC Property Book Office (PBOs) enterprise, through lower echelon commands’ PBOs down to the forward deployed user locations. The PML will perform all related functions in assistance and support of accountable property management, assisting in such functions as may be required in Government-Owned Contractor-Operated (GOCO) Government Information Technology (IT) systems (such as Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS)) system operations and inventory management (e.g., inventorying, counting, causative research, etc.) of all DPAS managed commodities, utilizing IT systems. Conduct research and analysis as required or tasked by the APOs, AAPO, ROs, and other property management personnel. Assist DPAS property personnel in verifying assets in DPAS and assist the DPAS property personnel in identifying assets at various locations
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Property Management Assistance.
- Provide continuous on-site PML support as defined in this PWS to command PBOs (NAB Coronado; JEB Little Creek; Pearl City, HI; NASA Stennis, MS). Travel to other NSWC activities such as Naval Special Warfare Units in Stuttgart, Germany; Guam; Bahrain; Naval Surface warfare Center in Crane, IN; or other CONUS and OCONUS as required by NSWC Property Program Office .
- Perform inventory management at logistic support locations on all APSR managed commodities.
- Perform hand-receipt management in the areas of APSR records maintenance, turn-in coordination, and key supporting document file maintenance.
- Properly monitor, issues, receipts, disposals, transfers, and drops for APSR managed equipment and ensuring that it is properly accounted for.
- Validate APSR managed inventory data.
- Provide guidance to government employees both military and civilian on the APSR managed inventory management lessons learned, processes, and procedures.
- Validate that Key Support Documentation (KSD) for receipts, loans, transfers, disposals, and inventories have been properly completed and are consistent with current FIAR guidance and policy.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on all APSR managed commodities to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Develop and provide a weekly status report as required or directed by the government that documents asset status, material status, and assets on hand.
- The Contractor shall assist in conducting causative research on misplaced property and or APSR data discrepancies. This may involve physical inventories, research through the APSR, paper historical records, and transfer documentation verification.
- The Contractor shall provide property program continuity by attaining proficient knowledge of command property, locations, receipts, disposals, transfers and local property program procedures. This is to assist commands to maintain property accountability in case of the loss of accountable personnel. 184.108.40.206 The Contractor shall be able to obtain thorough understanding and be proficient in the use of associated Log AIT equipment such as: Hand Held Terminals (HHTs), Label Printers, Laser Engravers, Signature Pads, Barcode Scanners, and Tablets in order to assist AAPO, ROs, and PCs in the use of such equipment.
- Training and Assistance
- The Contractor shall conduct on-the-job training (OJT) training sessions to a small group (one to three personnel) in the work space to ensure a level of understanding supporting operational use -to include the ability to use the APSR to conduct transactions, process inventories, access/retrieve reports and develop/execute database queries. This small group working space level training shall include equipment use, reports processing, and APSR operations.
- Data and Equipment Management Assistance
- The Contractor shall assist property management personnel in the development of system change requests (SCRs) and other types/levels of change requests to the DPAS based on user requests and required capability shortfalls for each FA.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess excellent work ethic, verbal and written communication skills, and be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions.
- Holds a minimum of a SECRET security clearance to gain facilities and network access.
- Possesses a valid passport.
- Can travel CONUS and OCONUS to NSWC activities for up to a two week period by Government or commercial conveyance, as required.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks, and meeting stringent timelines.
- Can maintain a professional bearing and be able to communicate tactfully with both military and civilian personnel
- Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other related programs.
- Maintain a clean workspace
About Our Company:
- Possess a minimum of a 2 year degree in a relevant area (e.g., Business, Information Technology, etc.)
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of related experience in A) Business Technical Systems such as DPAS, Supply, Logistics, or Warehouse Systems, and/or B) Quality Assurance experience in inventory or logistics management.
- Possess an active SECRET Security Clearance.
- Naval Special Warfare, Navy, or USMC experience preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year