Job Title: Joint Operations Center Media Analyst
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
: This effort will provide a 24/7 "information environment" watch capacity in the USCENTCOM Joint Operations Center (JOC); a highly skilled planning element for strategic communication and coordinating the command's Communication Integration Working Group (CIWG); and public affairs planning, media operations, and social media specialist missions. This requirement is in direct support of all Communication Integration efforts supporting Operations RESOLUTE SUPPORT and INHERENT RESOLVE, as well as other operations, exercises, and task forces as they arise in response to real-world U.S. and coalition military commitments and actions
(include but not limited to):
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements
- Represent the CCCI Directorate as a rotating watch stander in the CENTCOM JOC 24/7/365;
- Use public affairs and strategic communication expertise, knowledge of the CENTCOM AOR, operational data and media research and analysis to prepare daily briefing slides and scripts; present the CCCI slides during the Commander’s Update Brief (CUB);
- Collect, analyze and assess worldwide media and provide predictive analysis of future events and outcomes as well as recommendations for the staff
- Coordinate with other JOC members, Office of the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, Interagency, component staffs, and subordinate HQs counterparts to formulate initial courses of action and develop time sensitive responses;
- Work independently and in small groups in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines;
- Develop electronic staff packages, information papers, briefings and other products as needed.
- Current TS clearance with SCI eligibility (must have been read-on within the past 24 months);
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years related experience. A minimum of one to two years experience in corporate or agency public relations is required;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a dynamic and highly political environment is required;
- Must exhibit excellent organizational, time management, writing, editorial, and presentation skills;
- Five years of professional experience in media engagement and developing public affairs guidance.
- Defense Information School (DINFOS) Public Affairs Officer Qualification Course (PAO-QC);
- Previous experience in a country or area in the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility - Middle East or Central Asia;
- Joint professional military education (JPME).
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year