||VA OPIA Social Media Specialist
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Possible travel to DC area is anticipated
People, Technology and Processes, LLC is seeking a Social Media Specialist to help create and refine outreach messaging and communication products is support of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Homeless Veterans Outreach initiative. Team Lead / Program Manager will also be expected to help develop and execute outreach tactics to ensure that homeless and at-risk Veterans become and remain aware of the wide range of resources available to them at VA medical centers. To continue our progress reducing Veteran homelessness, VA must leverage the general public, homeless service providers, Veteran organizations, first responders, and others who may encounter homeless and at-risk Veterans. Those stakeholders will serve as secondary messengers to convey clear, concise, and actionable information about VA programs to vulnerable Veterans who may not have access to traditional communication channels such as television, radio, and the internet.
*****THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE*****
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, provide analysis and advice, monitor, and disseminate Social Media for the VA Homeless Veterans Outreach initiative.
- Primary support is required in audience engagement, brand monitoring, and analytics as it relates to the digital footprint to include crisis communication via Social Media
- Develop strategies to reduce the risk of identity theft or fake accounts
- Disseminate approved content to official social media accounts
- Monitor daily social media sites for derogatory/foul postings, and delete posts deemed inappropriate.
- Provide hands-on training with Enterprise Social Media personnel as it relates to Social Media best practices
- Provide analysis of social media site users/visitors to improve situational awareness to better tailor future content
- Maintain a communications calendar of all major events / anniversaries / recognition dates for possible coverage
- Set up and coordinate virtual communication events via Government or external sites to link leaders to other personnel or outside entities
- Advise the Communications Office and other staff of any new communication tools used by commercial organizations that would improve communication internally and externally to multiple audiences.
- Provide other similar public affairs support to the Director of Communications Office to include, additional proof-reading, collaboration on other products, customer service, and media research/analysis.
About the company:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Communication Science or Public Relations (PR) or Marketing preferred
- 2 years of experience in Digital PR or Marketing; or 6 years relevant experience in Digital PR or Marketing.
- Work history shall demonstrate a proficiency in publishing, Microsoft Office, Google, Video, and Major Social Media Platforms.
- Work history shall demonstrate experience with determining goals and objectives through Marketing Planning and Strategy.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar punctuation, etc.
- Strong work ethic, verbally articulate and detail-oriented, with a support the team attitude
- Possess a desire to learn new concepts and master new software applications
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year