Job Title: QA Support
Job Location: Pearl City, HI
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: CONUS and potential OCONUS
The purpose of this contract is to provide subject matter expertise through program management, engineering, technical, logistics and knowledge-based services in support of the customers Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) units, Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV), Shallow Water Combat Submersible (SWCS) and other support equipment to ensure assets are mission ready.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Requirements and Education:
- Assist in the management of Quality Assurance (QA) programs supporting the development, maintenance, and certification of Dry Combatant Submersibles (DCS), Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Scope of Certification (SOC), Shallow Water Combat Submersibles (SWCS), and other assets assigned to LOGSU-8. The DCS, SDV, and DDS maintenance and certification programs are in the Deep Submergence Systems (DSS) Scope of Certification (SOC). However, in the mated condition, the DDS shares a common interface with the host submarine and therefore some parts of SUBSAFE QA may also apply.
- Assist in development, planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of policy, methodology, procedures, training, and maintenance relative to quality assurance for all assets and future projects involving QA work.
- Assist in maintaining, tracking, monitoring and training all aspects of the quality assurance program. The Quality Assurance Program includes but is not limited to; training and qualifications, material control, QA records and record retention, departure from specifications, cleanliness controls, technical documentation, calibration requirements, SOC, and audit and surveillance requirements.
- Provide onsite hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting and technical expertise to meet all program specific requirements.
- Assist with the QA program requirements for maintenance, materials, and certification for assets assigned in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM), SOC Notebook, System Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems (P9290), Certification Program Plan (CPP) and any other Organizational requirements. This includes assisting with the approval, authorize testing and certification of all Controlled Work Packages (CWP) and Re-Entry Control (REC) Exempt packages ensuring completeness, and compliance with certification requirements. Ensure all CWP’s contain the correct and current revision of the Formal and Technical Work Packages (FWP/TWD), drawings, Maintenance Requirements Cards (MRC), test procedures, Objective Quality Evidence (OQE), Cleanliness Requirements, supply information, transfer of custody, component testing and certification documentation.
- Assist with the annual QA internal surveys, ISIC, TYCOM, and NAVSEA QA assessments and biannual sustaining certification surveys for all Dry Deck Shelters, Training Hatch Assemblies, Shore Based Training Facility and MK11 Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV).
- Assist with the JFFM and SOC QA Training and Qualifications of all QA division, Repair Department, and Supervisory personnel of LOGSU-8 and assigned personnel. This includes developing training plans to meet JFMM and QA-14 requirements, tracking all QA and O2 Clean qualifications for all maintenance personnel, and ensuring all newly reported personnel receive the required SOC training.
- Assist with maintaining the Audit, Surveillance and Evaluation program (AS&E) for all facets of QA maintenance programs to improve and maintain first time quality.
- Assist with fact finding and critiques after mishaps to identify trends and improve maintenance processes.
- Travel as required to support on-loads, off-loads and inspections of Naval assets.
- Assist in coordination with Navy host submarine commands, parent commands, and Oceaneering International to transfer and accept custody of Controlled Materials.
- Provide Liaison with the navy and NAVSEA by submitting minor and major Departures of Specification (DFS) and Liaison Action Requests (LAR) for engineering specifications and procedures.
- Participate in weekly meetings on the current status of the QA program and all QA work conducted on assigned assets.
- Develop Formal and Controlled Work Packages (FWPs and CWPs) for maintenance and testing on submarine and submersible systems and components ensuring the work packages meet technical specifications and requirements.
- Assist with the installation and testing of advanced submarine technology and ensure it meets all technical requirements.
- Evaluate specific deficiencies and the sustainability of submarine and submersible systems and components to include U.S. Navy quality assurance programs.
- HS Diploma or GED plus ten (10) years related experience or BA/BS and four (4) years related experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines or submersible platforms.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with submarine mechanical and electrical systems or components.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with U.S. Navy submarines QA Program.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with supply chain or inventory management.
- Four (4) years of Knowledgeable about NAVSEA 9290 requirements.
- Secret level Clearance
- Prior Military experience as QA Officer preferred.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations."
- Set the Example - "Be out front."
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual