SharePoint Portal Administrator / Developer
Ft. Shafter, Hawaii
Competitive - Depends on Qualifications
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES A ONE YEAR OCONUS COMMITMENT***
People, Technology and Processes has an excellent opportunity for immediate hire for an experienced, self-directed, SharePoint Portal Administrator/Developer with an expertise in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010. This position supports the U.S. Army and is required to travel OCONUS for a minimum of one year.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
Specifically, the Portal Administrator will be responsible for designing and maintaining web / portal pages for government proprietary networks (JWICS, SIPRNET, CENTRIX and NIPRNET). The Portal Administrator will be responsible for developing and managing interfaces for web based database access. The candidate will also support MS and Sun based operating systems, SharePoint, XML, WSDL, UDDI (to include installation and configuration of UDDI servers), and SOAP. The Portal Administrator will be responsible for providing recommendations to government management on the implementation of new web technologies to assist the organization with its intelligence dissemination. The Portal Administrator will be responsible for assisting in the development of the content management SOP and assist users in the operation of content management software. The Portal Administrator’s duties will be three fold; Administration, Development and Training.
- Develop and/or redesign SharePoint based portal architecture.
- Install and configure SharePoint infrastructure and any infrastructure-related computer programs.
- As directed, monitor, install, configure and maintain computer programs designed to enhance SharePoint functionality, including but not limited to security, search and retrieval, data protection, backup and recovery.
- Integrate SharePoint into existing IT infrastructure.
- Plan, design and implement SharePoint security including, but not limited to, authentication, security roles, user groups, audiences, and item level security.
- Plan, design and implement SharePoint data protection, backup and recovery.
- Plan and design improvements to SharePoint performance as directed by the Performance Monitor.
- Perform corrective SharePoint administration, configuration and maintenance as required.
- Create documentation for any function performed under any competency as directed by the Task Manager.
- Plan, design, implement and modify navigational and aesthetic changes to SharePoint pages as directed by the Performance Monitor.
- Modify SharePoint administrative/configuration settings in support of development efforts, including, but not limited to, taxonomy, site columns, content types and metadata.
- Install and configure SharePoint add-ons and third party software and develop applications using these tools as directed.
- Design applications using moderately complex requirements analysis, including use cases, object diagrams, flow charts, technical specifications, interface mock-ups and test plans, including simulated data and unit tests.
- Develop applications that may interface with add-ons, third party software and systems and equipment external to SharePoint and require use of programming techniques and development environments external to SharePoint.
- Resolve moderately complex questions of program intent, input data acquisition, synchronization, output requirements and scalability.
- Participate in the Organization’s Knowledge Management Working Group and provide technical feasibility assessments of proposed requirements.
- Ensure solutions require minimal training to the end user while maintaining high reliability and usability.
- Plan and execute SharePoint end user training.
- Train designated personnel in SharePoint portal administration and website configuration.
- Train end users on developed SharePoint applications.
About the company:
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
- Knowledge of multiple WAN, LAN, and IT technologies; knowledge of standard software application programs
- Expertise in SharePoint Server 2010/2013 administration, development, and training
- Experience in SharePoint Designer 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Central Administration
- Expertise in Content Types, Taxonomy, SharePoint Search, Information Management Policies
- Strong communication and presentation skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Ability to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of web development and web processes
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
- Knowledge Management
- .NET Web Applications
- SharePoint Development
- Content Management
- Server/System Support
- New Equipment Training
- Web-Based Portal Services
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours of PTO accrual