Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Not Anticipated, Up to 25% CONUS
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
The purpose of this task/contract is to provide support to the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Rural Health (ORH). ORH requires the assistance of subject matter experts with experience in the dissemination, analysis, and adaptation of strategic planning resources and strategic communication services. In an effort to ensure that VHA resources and initiatives are optimally deployed to serve rural Veterans, candidates will assist, develop, and provide expertise in Strategic Communications and Planning.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Knowledge and Experience:
- Determine and define project and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
About Our Company:
- Minimum of 10 years providing strategic communications support, with a focus on product development, outreach, and media relations/public relations.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience leading federal contract teams with 6 years of experience leading teams within U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Direct experience managing multi-channel, multi-million dollar communication contracts.
- Experience conducting rural-centered outreach.
- Demonstrates high-quality federal project management, on-time/on-budget completion of work for contracts of similar value and scope and industry awards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, or related field.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year