Sr. Web/SharePoint Developer
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to support the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Office of Human Resources and Administration/Operations, Security and Preparedness (HR&A/OSP) with their communications and outreach efforts.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Knowledge and Experience:
- Performs tasks requiring use of IT to advance the organization’s goals by creating websites for programs and projects.
- Performing web development, computer programing and database integration
- Supporting data collection, statistical analysis and visualization of progress towards achieving objectives
- Articulating and assisting the customer with defining and refining product requirements
- Supporting Data and Information Management tasks
- Use best practices at every stage of the development cycle
- Develop and manage a set of internal and external APIs
- Proficient in SharePoint development as well as multiple design techniques.
- Working proficiency in SharePoint tool set to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies with ability to work in at least one of the common frameworks.
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Working proficiency in a portion of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of Software.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 10 years of relevant web development experience
- Strong development skills for SharePoint sites and Confluence
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year