Senior Communications Products Specialist
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to support the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Office of Human Resources and Administration/Operations, Security and Preparedness (HR&A/OSP) with their communications and outreach efforts.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Knowledge and Experience:
- Sufficiently knowledgeable in both graphical communication and computer programming to create media that responds to input and interacts with users.
- Create projects that range from online interactive experiences, to create online exhibits, to projects like interactive surveys.
- Provide recommendations for future strategic initiatives through competitive and financial analysis
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Translate complex data and analytical models into insights that can be used to develop marketing strategies
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Communications specialists may handle public relations, information output, press releases and media requests, social media and/or advertising.
- Create effective communication strategies
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Plan events, seminars and press conferences
- Manage media inquiries and arrange interviews, statements etc.
- Build long-term relationships with key stakeholders
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 10 years of relevant marketing/digital media experience
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year