Inventory Control Specialist (ICS)
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide garrison support functions for SRT-1 with the execution of services affecting the overall command operational readiness. Provide logistical and inventory support to Special Collections Troop in overall Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) processes in support of customers’ mission objectives, anticipating mission needs and operational requirements. Contractor should be an excellent communicator and be experienced in leading the contracted personnel supporting this task.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Administrative inventory control and accountability, and maintenance of property accountability records, to include a complete trail of all transactions suitable for audit.
- Establish and maintain records of property accountability systems, including a complete trail of all transactions suitable for audit.
- Conduct NSN analysis with Illustrated Parts Breakdown, technical manuals, publications and use of automated systems (FEDLOG) to ensure compatibility with current equipment to fill operational requirements.
- Marks and tracks property received and issued in government approved barcoding system.
- Issues custody receipts and/or similar documents designed to assign responsibility for property.
- Physical inventory control and accountability through secured spaces and storage units, access lists, marking and tracking property received and issued. Inspect shipments of supplies for correct quantity and damage; process receipts in automated database against outstanding property requisitions.
- Assist the Logistics Officer by adding and removing equipment from all inventory databases, to include properly disposing of items through the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA), and the Special Operations Forces Tactical Assured Connectivity Systems (SOFTACS).
- Creates and submits reports as required.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including copiers, facsimile machine, scanners, and computers.
- Performs data input and retrieval.
- Maintains inventory as directed.
- Prepares a variety of documents for equipment.
- Receives and processes incoming invoices.
- Prepares and archives closed files for retention and files required yearly reports.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Two years of experience with DPAS or similar government inventory management system experience
- Naval Special Operations or Navy experience preferred
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs to include Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs
- Prior DOD experience (minimum of four years preferred)
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast paced, completing multiple tasks, efficiently, safely while meeting stringent timelines
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year