Administrative Assistant (AO)
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide Special Operations Tactical Medic (SOTM) training support services.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Act as a liaison between the Administrator and other internal and external customers, determine the name and affiliation of callers and nature of calls. Answering questions of an administrative/general nature, or refer the caller to the appropriate office.
- Maintain the calendar of the Administrator, and resolve any scheduling conflicts.
- Arrange meetings, to include time, space, attendance and any equipment needs.
- Prepare a variety of documents using word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Edit and reformat electronic drafts and transmit/receive documents and messages electronically, ensuring grammatical accuracy and conformance with established formats.
- Handle all incoming correspondence. Determine which correspondence may be forwarded to staff for proposed action.
- Prepare letters of acknowledgement and other routine correspondence based upon standardizations of the office. Responsible for reviewing and editing incoming correspondence and ensures timely flow through the office. Screen incoming correspondence and determines proper action needed; such as establishing suspense dates and drafting replies.
- Proofread outgoing official letters for proper format, grammar, etc. prior to final preparation.
- Compile, print, and/or distribute weekly action correspondence to Division Heads showing overdue correspondence, current action correspondence, and those that will become due within the next week.
- Control and/or monitor certified/registered mail, including material classified as SECRET.
- Maintain activity files for outgoing and incoming correspondence.
- Type letters, reports, and memoranda using word processing software.
- Maintaining and entering data into Enlisted Service Records.
- Processing of actions pertaining to gaining personnel to new commands, transferring personnel, preparing personnel for retirement/Fleet Reserve.
- Preparing all types of separations documentation.
- Providing enlisted people with information and counseling related to Navy occupations, opportunities for general education and job training, requirements for promotion, and rights and benefits.
- Assisting enlisted people and their families with assigned special projects
- Administers advancement examinations, order advancement examinations, and process examination returns.
- Writing official letters and reports.
- Maintaining payroll and accounting databases for disbursement and collection of government funds.
- Performing travel claim accounting; preparing financial reports.
- Provide pay and entitlement information to individual Navy members.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Two (2) years of experience in administrative assistance.
- This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain current Driver’s License.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Naval Special Warfare/SOF experience highly desired.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year