Gunner’s Mate/Armorer Support
Gunner’s Mate/Armorer personnel assist the Weapons Officer and Weapons Leading Chief Petty Officer (LCPO) in the day to day operations of the armory to include, but not limited to the tasks listed below.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in the direction and coordination of all activities concerned with the handling, storing, and ground or air shipment of ammunition, rockets, mines, and other explosive components at LOGSU-1.
- Review, process, and analyze ordnance related-policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, and evaluate their impact on current operations.
- Process required documents for ammunition issue and receipts as required to maintain 100% accountability.
- Prepare schedules for transportation, storage, issuing, and receiving ammunition; specifying magazine or bunker number for storing each type of ammunition, quantity to store in bunker or magazine, and numerical order of bunkers or magazines from which to issue or receive requisitioned ammunition.
- Provide armory support (inventory, issue, repair, and maintenance) as needed upon request.
- Process all phases of transportation for hazardous materials by all modes (i.e., land, vessel, and commercial/military air). International regulations covered include the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code and the International Commercial Air Transport Associations Dangerous Goods Regulations. United States regulations covered include the Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and U.S. military regulations.
- Advise and assist LOGSU-1 Weapons department personnel in all matters concerning ordnance, accountability, safety, controls, forecasting, and movement.
- Participate in and respond to audits and inspections related to ordnance accounting, ordnance qualifications/certification program, and ammunition supply administration.
About Our Company:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with proof of citizenship.
- Must have working knowledge of, and processes associated with, the Navy Ordnance Information System (OIS).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of direct AA&E experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as an Armorer.
- Must possess an active SECRET security clearance
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year