Job Title: Mid-Level SharePoint Developer
Job Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Not Anticipated
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: Designs, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversation and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. With project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to manage. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Acts as team leader on projects. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks with the work others on the development team. Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts. Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts. Translate detailed design into computer software. Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product. Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met. Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale DBMS and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide SharePoint design, configuration, deployment and maintenance support services.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Execute within an Agile SDLC framework
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using SharePoint Server 2013/2016
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Build Proof of Concept / Early Adopter examples or graphical simulation software. Then maintain product test software and demos for training purposes
- Actively participate in Product Design Reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment..
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
Possess a Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience with SharePoint/Microsoft 365.
- Experience with software development Unit Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing, or other development testing experience is preferred.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle Process (may include SDLC, Agile, SCRUM, Lean, etc.)
- Experience in SharePoint Development, including creating custom forms, workflows, and web parts.
- Experience with SharePoint Online, including creating custom forms, tools, or reports with Power Apps, and creating workflows with Power Automate.
- Experience designing workflows through SharePoint Designer and creating custom forms, reports, or tools with InfoPath Designer.
- Ability to write or edit CSS and HTML code
- Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office, including MS Word, PowerPoint & Power BI • Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen as this work entails working with the U.S. Federal Government
- Candidates must be eligible and able to obtain pass a Federal government background check
- Past employment supporting the U.S. Federal government and/or military experience is a plus
- Microsoft Certification (Desired)
- Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience performing similar or comparable work in an environment of similar scale and complexity
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English equivalent to a native speaker
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Candidates must be able to work well with clients and team members of all levels
Experience with the following languages & technologies:
- SharePoint Rest API
- SharePoint Client Object Model
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year