System Administrator - Senior
Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Active Secret Clearance
The RNEC provides Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services, Cybersecurity, and Computer Network Defense to the tenants on the installation. The C4IM Services List defines Army baseline enterprise and mission information technology services provided and/or supported by the RNEC.
The RNEC supports multiple Major Army Commands with diverse missions in a multi-service environment. It defends the network while providing transparent integration and delivery of DoDIN-A information technology services and capabilities in support of battle command for all operating and generating forces assigned to APG.
Education and Certifications:
- Monitor and maintain appropriate Cybersecurity controls and ensure Operational Security requirements are in accordance with the performance standards established in the Command Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services List (latest version) for all assigned servers.
- Maintain all aspects of the Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Systems Center Operation Manager (SCOM) Enterprise Management System to include SCCM Infrastructure, SCCM Administrator console, Software/Hardware Inventory, Software Distribution, SCOM Infrastructure, SCOM Administrator and Operator Consoles and SCOM monitoring and alerting.
- Design, test, and implement upgrades and enhancements to existing SCCM and SCOM environment.
- Build and distribute software package pushes to update and patch enterprise and user systems by creating Microsoft Installer and silent executable software packages using DOS Batch files, VB scripts, and PowerShell. Monitor and report on success of software package installs, preforms troubleshooting for failed packages and take corrective action as necessary.
- Manage SQL databases; install/configure Windows Server operating systems on HP blade servers hosting SCCM suite, SCOM product suite, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Generate SQL queries to extract data from the SCCM inventory database.
- Ensure optimal functioning of the Windows based enterprise and standard edition operating systems; develop utility software to ensure compatibility between operating systems, domains, file access methods, installed programs, and retrieval of data.
- Recognize problems within, between Active Directory Forests/Domains and resolve operational, equipment and/or software issues; establish, and maintain Active Directory user accounts to include setting required parameters per established guidelines.
- Manage and maintain Active Directory (AD) Organizational Units (OUs) to include user objects, security groups, and Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Maintain images for Desktop Operating Systems.
- Responsible for development of an updated Quarterly Enterprise System Management Architectural Design Document describing service level offerings and planned enhancements.
- Draft and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for the functional category.
Knowledge and Experience:
- CompTIA Security+ CE and
- Server+ CE or Microsoft Certifications required.
- Hands-on experience and training on SCCM and SCOM product suite, Microsoft SQL Server, and current Windows Server Enterprise and Standard Editions.
- Hands-on experience and training on server administration (e.g. Active Directory, MS Windows Server 2012R2, Windows SUP/DNS/DHCP servers, Print servers, Web Servers, etc.) and Network Management protocols/services (e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP, UDP, NAT, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills; project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.
- Knowledge and experience communicating Enterprise Systems concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
- Ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.
- Years of Direct Experience - 7+ years’ direct experience
- 5+ years' SCCM