||Knowledge Management/Knowledge Engineering Specialist
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Top Secret w/ SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI)
||Up to 25% CONUS and OCONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide Historian and Knowledge Management/Knowledge Engineer (KE) Support to the United States Southern Command (SOUTHCOM).
Education and Certifications:
- Promote the creation, identification, organization, share/collaboration, use/reuse, and transfer of knowledge across the SOUTHCOM enterprise in order to promote and support ‘getting the right information, to the right people, at the right time” using human capital (people), processes, and tools/technology.
- Document, document, develop, test, and maintain enduring and recurring business processes; provide database management; ensure information access and transparency across the enterprise; conduct research and training as required by the COR; and manage/maintain collaboration sites, portals, centers, and other information portal sites as required by the COR.
- Knowledge of industry standards for developing business process and flow chart documentation, process development, testing, refining, re-engineering, improving process efficiencies, and vetting improved business process techniques
- Use established best practices as demonstrated by successful completion or professional certification.
- Identify and develop written business processes designed to improve efficiencies which support organizational transformation
- Conduct and support KM/KE assessments/studies/projects.
- Conduct KM training and KM Working Group meetings
- Support daily KM operations, exercises, and contingencies
- Provide information dissemination, situational awareness and networking and support for the Information portal and knowledge repositories
- Prepare technical writing and business processes products, yearly plans for execution of deliverables and provide input and feedback for problem resolutions.
- Provide SharePoint administration support, provide counsel on the effective use of SharePoint by the command, and provide SharePoint related assistance (coaching and training) as needed to customer staff.
- Provide SharePoint “front end” development of sites and not development on SharePoint server development requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with a college-level major in at least one of the following: English, Knowledge Management, Library Science, Computer Science, Project Management, Psychology, General Education, and/or Political Science;
- KM, KE or Lean 6 Sigma certification from a professionally recognized entity such as KM or KE Professional Society, the KM Institute, or an equivalent institution is required. This certification must be updated/renewed within 5 years from the previous certification.
About the company:
- Five (5) years’ experience directly related to Knowledge Management, Knowledge Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Organization Structure, Business administration/Management, Business Process Improvement, Lean 6 Sigma training and project completion, Transformation, Project Management Professional (PMP) program and project completion, or other process improvement areas;
- Also possess and submit at least one of the following:
- Relevant professional experience connected to or in a military setting AND
- A copy of certification indicating successful completion of a Lean 6 Sigma Black belt certification program and project, or
- A copy of all documentation supporting the successful completion of at least 1 Program/Project Management project, or
- A KM certification from a professionally recognized entity such as KM Professional Society (KMPro), KM Institute (KMI), or an equivalent institution.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year