||Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Active Secret, Top Secret Eligible
Use your software development skills to create innovative visualizations allowing out customers to make better-informed and quicker decisions. This position supports Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA) a subordinate command to United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM). You will be embedded with users to ensure your products meet the mission requirements. As a member of a small on-site and larger geographically-separated team, you will collaborate with others supporting customers across the AFRICOM AOR
. Additional roles of the job include reviewing system architecture and selecting / implementing appropriate development and support tools to ensure product performance, and testing / debugging related software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Education and Certifications:
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions that are highly creative.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermining long-range targets.
- Provides advice and counsel to the organization in area of expertise.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Occasionally work shift hours or weekends when the mission requires such support.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- 2 years’ experience as a software developer
- Experience directly supporting customers/clients
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience creating custom web-based visualizations
- Experience merging data sources to drive one visualization
- Able to write Web Service calls to external systems
- Use and administration of DBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a dynamic environment where priorities consistently shift
- Ability to deliver high visibility products in a short time period
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies
- Self-started who identifies a risk/problem and initiates activity to address it without being prompted
- Able to work on a geographically dispersed team and help others or ask for help when needed
- Security + Certification
- Support Web-enabled Temporal Analysis System (WebTAS) in an operational environment.
- Experience with Java, Powershell scripting and Angular
- Understand CIDNE capabilities and structure
- Administration of server operating systems such as Microsoft Window Server and Linux.
- Database design.
- Programming or scripting languages.
- Software Requirements Development.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year