***Position is contingent upon award of contract***
||CAT III Kurdish/Kurmanji
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Active Top Secret
OCONUS Based Linguists shall have the ability to listen, read, write and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation, and provide translation and interpretation services in the required target foreign language(s) and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale in all test areas. Testing shall be by an external language testing agency (certified) approved by the Government to prevent erroneous or fraudulent test scores. Language proficiency shall be measured by examination procedures that meet ILR standards and taken within the immediate 12 months preceding starting work on this effort.
Education and Certifications:
- Linguists shall have typing and PowerPoint skills.
- Linguists shall have the ability to provide idiomatic translations of nontechnical material using correct syntax and expression from the foreign language to English, and vice-versa.
- Linguists shall have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Linguists shall have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself per the local culture and customs.
- Linguists shall have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace.
- Linguists shall be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Linguists shall have the ability to serve in a combat zone and previous SOF experience is desirable.
- Linguists shall have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress as required by SOF.
- Linguists shall have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
- CAT III linguists shall be US citizens and possess a TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility access. A minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
About the company:
- High school or equivalent
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year