Medical Training Coordinator
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
The purpose of this task is to implement and maintain a medical skills sustainment program for NSWG-2 medical personnel.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Planning, developing, and synchronizing technical training, guidance, and programmatic and policy recommendations, and continuing education requirement for NSWG-2 medical providers to include: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Independent Duty Corpsmen, Special Operation (SO) Medics and Corpsmen.
- Managing training and qualification requirements for all medical personnel to ensure that appropriate levels of certification commensurate with their level of qualification are maintained.
- Providing input for medical staff training requirements and for the standardization of equipment and techniques. This includes the development of instructional materials.
- Providing training to individuals and groups that focuses on acquiring and applying adaptability and medical skills/techniques.
- Supporting the strategic planning process for SOF-unique medical training programs to enhance individual and unit performance.
- Communicating with command management authorities to include medical professionals from U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Naval Special Warfare Command (WARCOM), and NSW component commands on issues relating to the provision of medical service support.
- Attending meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars to remain current in the field of SOF Medical Training.
- Developing and performing medical logistics exercises that include coordinating and evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specific mission, system, or other designated program.
- Researching new and emerging medical equipment and technology and developing training requirements associated with the introduction and implementation of new systems.
- Providing technical assistance to the Contracting Office in regard to the specifications for training services, schedule coordination, and provides input for acceptance of work performed.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be available to travel to various CONUS and OCONUS locations by military or civilian aircraft, waterborne craft, embarked aboard ships, or serve at remote sites as required.
- Able to operate PC, with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Able to enter information into multiple databases accurately.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and weights up to 70 kg.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- 3 years military or SOF experience conducting medical training to military or SOF personnel.
- Completed SOF training in medical trauma using medical simulation mannequins within past three years.
- 5 years’ experience developing long and short-range planning and coordination of medical-specific SOF training programs.
- Current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Defibrillator.
- 5 years’ experience applying advanced medical principles, policies, and standards in the development and execution and execution of comprehensive medical training techniques and procedures to meet mission requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of training concepts, techniques, and training program/curriculum development, Master Training Specialist Qualification highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of Independent Duty Corpsman (IDC) training and certification requirements. Prior experience as an IDC highly desired.
- 10 Years military and/or SOF medical experience is desired.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year