Senior Power Applications Developer
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Secret, TS/SCI Eligible
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to support NSWG 10 Headquarters Administrative requirements.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Serve as lead developer and provide KMO with recommendations for appropriate software (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, SharePoint, and Microsoft Dynamics etc.) to meet NSWG-10 business process requirements.
- Provides engineering solutions to NSWG-10 business problems using the standard features and functions of enterprise software to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint as well as Power BI.
- As required, develop and document customized capabilities as directed by the Government using SharePoint Designer and/or Power Apps.
- Analyze user and business needs and processes, document requirements and user stories, processes, and workflows, and translate requirements into system requirement specifications.
- Create and maintain developer user guides, or other related development products in support of CPI initiatives.
- Create processing workflows using SharePoint Designer and/or Power Automate supporting portal based tools and applications to push information to people or organizations as per the defined process map.
- Mentor and train KM Department personnel on the Microsoft Power Platform applications and features to support potential customer requirements.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical issues with NSWG-10 claimancy BI solutions.
- Attends SOCOM and NSW Enterprise KM Developer meetings, telecons and working groups to learn and share enterprise BI best practices.
- Works closely with KMO and higher headquarters development teams to prepare for technology shifts ahead of new software deployment throughout the SOCOM enterprise.
- Utilizes development environments to beta test new technologies to test viability to meet NSWG-10 requirements.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills, and be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks, and meeting stringent timelines.
- Capable of maintaining a clean workspace.
- Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs.
- Ability to travel multiple times to various CONUS locations for periods up to two weeks by Government or commercial conveyance, as required.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office 365 suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, InfoPath, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (or higher) and the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Possess extensive knowledge of service-level KM policies, governance and digital transformation initiatives. Experience with these issues within SOF preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of SQL, SSRS, T-SQL, Excel Formulas and DAX.
- Must possess eight (8) years' experience as an applications developer with SharePoint and other applications such as Microsoft Dynamics and the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Develop BI applications on SOCOM systems at the appropriate classification level (Unclassified, Secret, Top Secret), as required.
- Possess and maintain a SECRET clearance and have the ability to and ultimately possess and maintain TS/SCI.
- Must possess at least one IT professional certification, such as A+, Sec+ or Network+.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year