Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Secret, TS/SCI Eligible
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to support NSWG 10 Headquarters Training requirements. Supporting the N3 Department to organize, man, train, educate, equip, support, and deploy specialized capabilities to perform Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Preparation of the Environment (PE) activities in support of Combatant Commanders and other mission partners.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Perform all CAARD related activities resulting from observations, insights, and lessons learned within NSWG-10 Headquarters, supporting staff and subordinate units.
- Performs high-level analysis through quantitative/qualitative research, independent evaluations of operations, exercises, war-games and experimentations events to assess the effectiveness of Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, personnel, Facilities and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) throughout the Command and develop standards for new and/or existing requirements to alter training or operational missions and programs.
- Coordinates with NSWC lessons learned program manager, other NSWG’s staff, subordinate commands, and NSWG-10 leadership to provide focus area study recommendations, command synchronization efforts and quarterly feedback findings.
- Documents special project staff roles, responsibilities, organization and processes for best practices and efficiencies that support the Command’s Mission and Vision.
- Briefs and advises leadership on the effectiveness of the lessons learned (LL) findings, potential approaches, benefits for capability resolution, and implications.
- Coordinates with other Military Services and interagency to synchronize NSW LL efforts, findings, and sharing of best practices.
- Compiles After Action Reports, Executive Summaries, and Post Activity Bulletins and Requests for Information. Documentation shall be complete and include substantiated findings and recommendations, consistent with a high-level of quality control and distribution ready. The documentation shall also be audience-specific and captured at the appropriate security level.
- Develop and maintain a SharePoint portal based electronic document library to route and archive AARs, trip reports, and issues related to the LL program.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals as required.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Provide services as command historian:
- Prepares and submits the annual NSWG-10 Historical Activities Report.
- Answers specific historical inquiries from concerned Commands, Agencies or archives.
- Plans and executes major historical projects as directed by the NSW Command Historian, including but not limited to the Command's Annual Historical Report.
- Conducts document research and oral history interviews leading to written articles and book chapters in support of NSW’s historical archives.
- Conducts interviews with individuals prominent within NSWG-10 or whose experiences are historically significant.
- Works with NSWG-10 HQ and subordinate units to execute a command-wide program of collection of historically relevant material designed to document the operational history of the command and the subordinate units.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Six (6) years’ experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project is highly desirable.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess Security clearance at the level required in the position description requirements specified below at the time of appointment.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced, completing multiple tasks, and meeting stringent timelines. Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and ear over telephone.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight may not exceed 50 pounds.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- May be required to travel to and between CONUS location(s) as requested.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- May be required to board Maritime vessels and ride during exercises.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Possess a final Top Security Clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts is required. Highly desired Bachelors of Science Degree in Statistics.
- Three (3) years' experience supporting SOF organizations and/or operations.
- Ability to use all command approved software programs, to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Power Point, Excel, Access, email and Internet systems. Familiarity with the software programs for desktop publishing such as Photoshop, In-Design and FrontPage used within the office for preparation of historical manuscripts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, sufficient to present information or explain complex and technical aspects of research and prepare briefing papers, summaries, narratives or articles.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to actively support exercises, experimentation events, war-games, and command historian collection events.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred to capture LL and incorporate lessons learned functions and activities to each directorate to include sharing of best practices.
- Must have a TOP SECRET with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance at appointment to position.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year