UAS Operations Support Analyst
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Secret, TS/SCI Eligible
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to support NSWG 10 Headquarters Training requirements. Supporting the N3 Department to organize, man, train, educate, equip, support, and deploy specialized capabilities to perform Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Preparation of the Environment (PE) activities in support of Combatant Commanders and other mission partners.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assess capability needs to meet UAS mission requirements and provide recommendations to NSWG-10 UAS OIC.
- Develop courses of action to ensure UAS capabilities are maintained and ready to meet mission tasking’s.
- Monitor technology developments relative to UAS platforms.
- Evaluate program and non-program equipment acquisitions and researches more cost effective methods to maintain NSW UAS systems.
- Conduct daily UAS program reviews and make recommendations to meet UAS mission requirements for fully mission-capable status of systems, personnel, and equipment
- Assist with requirements input and timeline reporting to the UAS Director and Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group TEN in order to help formulate planning guidance to NSWG-10 Staff and UAS Troops. Develops Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to identify workload necessary to meet global demands for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR).
- Analyze, maintain, and appraise UAS capabilities for the Commander and UAS Director, and provide Subject Matter Expertise and recommendations to the NSWG-10 Requirements Department in order to improve capabilities and identify/meet capability gaps.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Six (6) years’ experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project is highly desirable.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess Security clearance at the level required in the position description requirements specified below at the time of appointment.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced, completing multiple tasks, and meeting stringent timelines. Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and ear over telephone.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight may not exceed 50 pounds.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- May be required to travel to and between CONUS location(s) as requested.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- May be required to board Maritime vessels and ride during exercises.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Minimum three years’ experience working with/within NSW.
- Extensive knowledge of military UAS systems and platforms, with preference given to candidates with specific knowledge of MQ-27A Scan Eagle, RQ-12A Black Jack, and All Weather Environment Capable (AECV) systems.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of UAS-related documents, with preference given to knowledge of Capability Development Documents (CDDs) and Capability Production Documents (CPDs) and other supporting documents related to MQ-27A Scan Eagle, RQ-12A Black Jack, and All Weather Environment Capable (AECV) systems.
- Expertise in FAA UAS regulations.
- Minimum three years’ experience as military UAS operator.
- Understanding of NSW Global Force Management.
- Advanced knowledge of Naval Aviation operational and maintenance instructions and policies (NATOPS, OPNAV 3710, OPNAV 4790)
- Knowledge of greater Special Operations Forces and NSW doctrine, tactics, techniques, procedures, and operating environment is required.
- Professional contacts within the NSW, SOF and NAVAIR communities is highly desired.
- A working knowledge of SOF Acquisition Management System and NSW capabilities within NSWG-10 designated areas is required.
- Knowledge and experience to apply developments in Special Operations Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) are required to resolve problems for which accepted methods are not directly applicable and to review developments and advancements in the field for possible adaptation and application.
- Current Top Secret clearance and SCI eligible. Must have a minimum of TOP SECRET clearance at appointment to position and be able to obtain a Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year