Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this task is to provide garrison support functions for SRT-2 with the execution of services affecting the overall command operational readiness.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Process data from DTS reports for enter into Personnel Tempo (PERSTEMPO)
- Create Duty Status events in Defense Ready-DEPREP.
- Process weekly PERSTEMPO reports for Admin and Operations.
- Responsible for assisting with military and civilian travel payments, voucher examination and administrative maintenance of the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Analyzes and audits travel reimbursement vouchers for completeness, accuracy and proper expenditure of Federal funds.
- Screens and verifies all receipts, certifies vouchers, monitors accounts payable, obligation balances.
- Conducts liaison with Consolidated Travel Office (CTO) for arrangement of travel to localities internal and external to CONUS.
- Processes the submissions of travel vouchers via DTS by military and DOD civilian personnel within five (5) working days after completion of travel. Ensures vouchers are correct and comply with Federal Travel Regulations. Contacts travelers regarding receipt or erroneous documentation required for payment.
- Provides SRTs Administrative department with copies of orders and order modifications to ensure tax-free compensation when applicable.
- Provides technical travel and DTS guidance to military personnel in travel voucher review functions. Responsible for training travel personnel in a high turnover environment.
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Prior DOD experience (minimum of four years preferred) with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast paced, completing multiple tasks, efficiently, safely while meeting stringent timelines.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Prior DOD experience, minimum of four years preferred.
- Have experience working Navy Correspondence and administrative reports, to include performance reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs.
- Must be SECRET cleared.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year