||Access Control Specialist (ACS)
||Virginia Beach, VA
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
The purpose of this task is to provide personnel to man the Naval Special Warfare Development Group command’s Visitor Control Center (VCC).
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Responsible for alarm monitoring: shall monitor the alarm system for intrusion detection and operational effectiveness and shall respond promptly to alarms, breaches, or suspected breaches.
- Shall coordinate with Security Directorate to verify the identification via notification from Access Lists and/or a database, provided by the Special Security Officer (SSO). Providing specific information such as Name, Rank, Position, DOD ID Number, and classification of clearance for badge issuance; includes conducting clerical vehicle registrations requirements.
- Shall use the Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and control annunciation panel alarms to monitor the status of designated security zones and assess alarm conditions annunciated by the control panel. Contractor shall react immediately to all alarms by notifying the NSWDG Guard Force of the alarm and alarm location.
- Responsible for conducting face to face ID checks of individuals at established areas to ensure only personnel who are cleared for TS with access to SI/TK/G/HSC are granted unrestricted access to NSWDG facilities and SCIFS.
- Responsible for issuing Escort Required Badges to all un-cleared personnel to include: official visitors, unofficial visitors, foreign visitors, custodial, maintenance and repair service providers and construction workers. Government will provide examples of Badges per category and written guidance in order for the ACS to accomplish this task.
- Responsible for conducting 100% verification of IDs and access verification lists prior to badge issuance.
- Responsible for maintain a high level of integrity, punctuality and customer service, must maintain a well-groomed appearance and represent the organization in a helpful and professional manner.
- Responsible for providing a high degree of specialized personnel access controls for protecting and preventing unauthorized access to sensitive and restricted areas containing highly critical and classified property and documents.
- Shall conduct continuous surveillance and monitoring of the grounds and facility for security breaches, obstruction of egression, and signs of malfunction, tampering, and/or damage to security equipment.
- Responsible for issuing temporary and permanent command specific identification cards/access credentials to new command members, visitors, guests and contract support personnel.
- Responsible for understanding and verifying each applicant’s proof of eligibility for entry to the command. Experience and ability to handle customer complaints / questions regarding their eligibility is critical. Knowledge of organization structure and physical locations of the serviced areas as well as familiarity with the meaning of military insignias as related to rank, are vital to the accomplishment of the position. Upon completion of application review, if all documents are in order, incumbent issues appropriate temporary badge or vehicle pass.
- Responsible for receiving visitors and telephone calls to the office, verify the nature of requests and direct callers to appropriate staff, or personally provides the information desired when routine or established procedural matters of the office are involved.
- Responsible for working administratively and operationally for the contractor’s Lead ACS.
- Responsible for developing, entry, deletion, and revising vehicle, and protected personal information (PPI) in computer systems.
- Responsible for filing and purging daily applications, guest lists, and access lists.
- Responsible for assisting in coordinating with the Front Office, Operations Officer, Protocol Officer, Public Affairs Officer, and other command personnel in clearing personnel, guests, and Very Important Person’s (VIPs).
- Responsible to use Genetech or other or Intrusion Detection System (previous experience desired, but not required) and other classified government databases; Government will grant access to ACS personnel and provide necessary training.
- Responsible for maintaining sign-in sheets for cleared and un-cleared visitors for the facility in the event the GeneTech (or other Intrusion Detection) System is unavailable. The contractor shall conduct equipment and log inventory of government furnished equipment within 15 minutes of each shift change and maintain a log of accountability.
- Responsible for providing immediate notification of any and all attempts to gain forceful entry, hostage conditions, fire, medical emergency and any other life-threatening situations (i.e. bomb threats) to the Security Directorate Guard Force, (local police as a secondary measure) and or any other applicable emergency team i.e. (fire and rescue).
- Responsible for maintaining a shift log in accordance with local SOPs and regulations. The log shall provide journal entries continually throughout the shift and closed out at the end of each shift. This documentation includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a journal of results of security checks, IDS checks, alarm conditions, alarm responses and results, and any incidents occurring by shift. Significant occurrences, as defined in the Post SOP, will be briefed to on-coming access control personnel at each shift changeover.
- Responsible for visually inspecting security lighting CCTV cameras, and IDS for any signs of malfunction, tampering, or damage at the Visitors Center
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Shall maintain basic cleanliness and order of work spaces.
- Shall conduct roving sweeps of the Visitor Center and Badging Access Center common areas for cleanliness or slip hazards.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases and maintain superior data recording/input accuracy.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast paced, completing multiple tasks, efficiently, safely while meeting stringent timelines
- Possess a TOP SECRET/SENSITIVE COMPARTENTED INFORMATION (TS/SCI) security clearance at the time of appointment.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Three (3) years’ experience; preferably in security or public safety as a registered security officer, or U.S. Military experience.
- Must possess a high school or GED; Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired not required.
- Must have combination of required education, background, skills, abilities, and accomplishments in security that guarantee high integrity, professionalism, and continuity of service.
- Navy / Naval Special Operations experience preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year