||Student Support Coordinator
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist with carrying out specialized administrative support to include serving as interpreter for Spanish speaking students, transportation of students, lodging coordination, record keeping, preparation of reports, scheduling and database management for NAVSCIATTS International Military Student Officer (IMSO). This includes direct support of all International Military Students (IMS) in the areas of administration, cultural enrichment, transportation, logistical and customer support services for all IMS.
- Assist with maintaining the personnel tracking matrix and ensure updates are entered in a timely manner.
- Assist with the orientation, accountability, and issuance of security IDs for all students.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling appointments for issuance of all students Common Access Cards CACs).
- Assist with Field Studies Program (FSP) events for all International Military Students (IMS), adjusting for annual throughput increase of estimated 15% per fiscal year.
- Provide information in support of the yearly FSP Budget for review by the IMSO and forward to NETSAFA and NAVY IPO for acceptance and implementation.
- Assist course instructors to input information, proofread and upload International Student Academic Reports (ISAR) to Security Cooperation Training Management System (SC-TMS) for individual IMS. Provide any additional remarks on students’ participation in extracurricular and community affairs.
- Assists in the administration of English Comprehension Level (ECL) testing for IMSs. Record and archive scores for placement in IMSs’ files.
- Conduct pre-briefing for all IMS before departure to FSP activities to ensure they understand the objectives of the event. Brief escorts on their role and responsibilities ensuring they also understand the objective of the FSP and topics to be covered. Provide IMS with emergency and assistance phone numbers. Informs the appropriate funding clemency representative of any significant changes involving participants, itinerary, or funding requirements.
- Provide technical support for programming dormitory doors and key cards.
- Assist with maintaining adequate inventory of office supplies, forms, and printed materials, and notify the appropriate person for re-ordering.
- Assist with gathering all travel and medical records and other required documents from IMSs upon arrival. Checks passports/visas and compares with IMS International Travel Orders (ITO) for accuracy; notes any discrepancies. Escorts the IMS to their berthing assignment and demonstrate the proper function of room amenities such as safe, microwave and telephone. Provide IMSs with any necessary further instructions/guidance.
- Assists with locating and making venue reservations in support of Graduation Ceremonies and conducts all related supplementary duties for set-up and break-down, such as: arrangement of flags, chairs, lecterns, diplomas, and plaques; uploading PowerPoint of student photos to computer for use with projector and screen; ensures proper functioning of lectern digital display; and, transportation of students. Additional task may include filling the role of master of ceremony.
- Assists in creating the FSP Schedule for each class, ensuring all cultural differences are reviewed and handled accordingly within the appropriate Chain of Command.
- Assist with record keeping and database management, and creating a class roster for each class.
- Assist with scheduling the daily and weekly activities for IMS and ensure changes are promptly identified, to alleviate any discrepancies between scheduled activities and the Course of Instruction for the Students.
- Assist with coordinating all travel and lodging requirements for students attending FSP events located within a four hundred mile radius of NAVSCIATTS.
- Assist and provide support at official command functions to include FSP events and graduation events, which can include evening and weekends as required. Evening/weekend support is anticipated to be required approximately twice per month. Travel is anticipated to be required once per month.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Five (5) years’ experience writing professional correspondence and documents.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the use of computers and computer-related devices.
- Shall have or be able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B within 60 days of start date.
- Five (5) years’ experience communicating fluently both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year