||Public Affairs Assistant
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Responsible for assisting the Public Affairs Officer in the carrying out of comprehensive public affairs and protocol programs to enhance the understanding of NAVSCIATTS' missions, policies and programs among its internal audiences, the general public, news media, other military and governmental agencies, and specialized community groups and organizations. Also required to provide Public Affairs support to Special Boat Team TWENTY-TWO (SBT-22) and Det. Stennis.
- Reviews external media sources (Early Bird, Chief of Naval Information, clips, WWW, etc.) for information and articles that involve or impact NSW and NAVSCIATTS programs or policies. Disseminate this information to department head for assessment.
- Assist with plans, researching, drafts and reviews content and development of programs, brochures, fact sheets, multi-media products and video to highlight command policies, programs, platforms and personnel.
- Assists in providing research for public affairs and protocol guidance.
- Assists in maintaining command public web site for external audiences. Write, edit and review for technical and factual accuracy public affairs content for official command websites, video packages and electronic newsletters, maintaining graphic and editorial content standards.
- Conducts periodic reviews of command websites to identify concerns with message alignment; compliance with current DON, USSOCOM and NSWG-4 public affairs requirements; and that programming and links for all pages remain functional.
- Generates and distributes content for all International Military Students, in all NSW approved social media platforms.
- Updates websites dedicated to, or communicating information about NSW to the public by providing current, accurate command information. Monitor trends and tracks web site data to archive for long-term analysis (number of visitors, most popular web browsers, etc.)
- Prepares input for NSW and USSOCOM PA reports and annual Command History requirements.
- Assists the public affairs representative for various command committees as required, and; interface on a regular basis with higher and lateral offices and agencies within the DON and DOD via tours/Key Leader Engagements.
- Assists with formulation of strategic messaging, press releases, video packages and media advisories via various print and broadcast media to keep key audiences informed about NAVSCIATTS activities.
- Documents significant Command events via still and video photography for products that support command messaging to key audiences.
- Provides research in regards to media requests and public requests for information, ensuring material conforms to policy and security regulations.
- Assists in the planning pertaining to details of the NAVSCIATTS Foreign Security Force Welcome Program. Coordinates with IMSO as they ensure projected students are provided with military/civilian and in-class sponsors. Assists in scheduling events, tours, lectures, and social, civic, cultural and educational activities to promote the Welcome Program. Develop informational materials for students and presentations for sponsor recruitment and training.
- Assist and provide support at official command functions to include FSP events and graduation events, which can include evening and weekends as required. Evening/weekend support is anticipated to be required approximately once every other month. Travel is anticipated to be required three times annually.
- Assists with the planning and media coverage of the NAVSCIATTS' annual Distinguished Alumni Program and ceremony.
- Assist with potential reaction of general public and affected groups to command activities involving environmental actions and assists to improve communication between the command and its public by enhancing understanding of programs and projects.
- Supports the Public Affairs Officer in handling all aspects Public Affairs responsibilities pertaining to visits, conferences, tours, and social functions initiated within the command, and those tasked by higher authority.
- Prepares marketing folders/binders for distinguished guests in regards to Command strategic events/KLEs.
- Assists with the commanding officer's recognition programs and special ceremonies (medal presentations, individual recognition, etc.), including determining need for audiovisual equipment, etc., gathering biographies and guest information.
- Assist with providing guidance on military customs, courtesies, USN organization, missions, history and policies.
- Gathers a variety of information and data to prepare higher headquarter PAO reports and statistical summaries. Type letters, reports, briefings, memorandums, forms, and other general correspondence. Operate various office machines such as copier, computer, scanner, fax machines, etc.
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of office supplies, forms, and printed materials, and notify the appropriate person for re-ordering. Work with NASA Multimedia Department, ensuring all videos and handbooks depicting the course offering and command information remains up to date. Provide necessary information to Multimedia in advance, to ensure we have enough on hand, to support off-site travel requirements.
- Applies knowledge to research, write, provide video support and edit informational material such as press releases, command programs and public affairs guidance.
- Assist with Assessing and evaluating the command's public affairs campaigns that convey information to selected audiences interested in or affected by NAVSCIATTS.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with NAVSCIATTS internal audiences, the general public, news media, other military and governmental agencies, and specialized groups and organizations.
- Uses Microsoft Office suite software, desktop publishing and multi-media software and video editing software.
- Uses Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Dream Weaver, Acrobat, InDesign and Avid, Adobe Premier Pro.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Three (3) years’ specialized experience with a military Public Affairs program which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position as required.
- a) Specialized Experience is defined as: Collectively researching, analyzing and applying established best practices in community relations, media relations, internal communications, video and photography skills, video editing abilities, and networking abilities required to assist in the management of the organization’s existing communication strategies.
- b) Examples may include assisting in the development and delivery of community relations policies and practices, guides or tools for training and awareness for employees and leaders and measuring trends and tangible impacts of new programs to recommend strategic or tactical actions.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite software, desktop publishing and multi-media software and video editing software.
- Three (3) years’ collective experience in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Dream Weaver, Acrobat, InDesign and Avid, Adobe Premier Pro.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year