||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist with a variety of management support and administrative and clerical duties in the Operations Department such as schedule conference rooms for meetings, draft agendas, record minutes, and make copies of correspondence or other printed materials ISO effective meetings.
- Assist with general and executive administrative support and coordination for the Operations Department. Prepares and updates all Operations Department required reporting such as NSW Training and Readiness Management System (NTRMS) and, Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS) to Higher Head Quarters (HHQ).
- Gather directed information and photographs from other Departments and Divisions in drafting the bi-weekly SITREP for the Commanding Officer via the Operations Department Head. Assist with preparing and gathering information from Regional Engagement Branches (REBs) in drafting the biweekly SITREP for the Commanding Officer via the N3 Department Head.
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and gathering information for the Distinguished Visitor Database in Microsoft Access with biographies, briefs, schedule of events, gifts, and contact information for foreign visitors.
- Maintain the Command Long Range Schedule in Microsoft Excel. Provide situational awareness of all scheduled exercises, events, and deployments. Schedule appointments and make changes to calendar as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Department to coordinate prepare trip folders, obtain and maintain official biographies and update contact information, and schedules of events (SOEs) for official N3 visitors and guests for the Command.
- Assist with compiling and typing statistical and budget related reports, maintain related databases and enter new data to develop tables or charts in Excel for the Operations Department.
- Comply with policies and procedures as set forth in the corporation's Handbook of Policy and Procedures.
- Shall be able to attend training courses that are deemed necessary to enhance work skills and organizational effectiveness which may require travel.
- Shall be able to write correspondence in professional format when necessary.
- Provides support for all CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- Assist in the daily operations of the command's travel services.
- Assists with administering, monitoring, and implementing the travel policies and guidelines provided by the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Naval Special Warfare Command (NSW), and this Command. Ensure compliance with different relevant travel policies and procedures.
- Extracts data to support periodic travel reports for all travel within Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS), for complex mission requirements that are multifaceted in location and executed at the strategic level.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, provides guidance to travelers about travel requirements including visa, passport, training, medical, clearance, and special conditions.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, coordinates with travelers traveling OCONUS; assist with the process of creating and submitting for approval all Travel Tracker/Individual Anti-terrorism Plans (TT/IATP) and Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS) requests as appropriate; monitor the Foreign Clearance Guide for updated travel requirements and restrictions; communicate with U.S. State Department, Country Teams, and other Foreign Partner Nation entities, ensuring all requirements are met, including: proper clearances, passports, VISAs, individual and country-specific training, force protection measures, etc.
- Suggests improvement and innovation in travel programs.
- Serves as Assistant to Finance Defense Travel Administrator (FDTA) and Organizational Defense Travel Administrator (ODTA).
- Assists with review of all submitted authorizations prior to routing for approval; receive manually prepared and signed paper vouchers (DD Form 1351-2) with all receipts from the traveler; upload traveler's manually prepared and signed DD Form 1351-2 and all receipts attached to the Defense Travel System (DTS) voucher.
- Assist with the proper processing of TAD requests, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and validating budget obligation amounts for all personnel travel and special tasking travel performed by command personnel. Ensure accurate data is collected for maintenance of records, files, and documentation of expenditures.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, liaise with SATO Travel Office on behalf of command or traveler in cases of flight or itinerary changes, ensuring proper and prompt ticketing, and/or ensuring cancellations, as necessary, are complete and timely.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, reviews and answers questions on completed travel orders and contact the Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO) and/or higher echelon chain of command for resolution of problems or discrepancies.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, performs analysis of non-liquidated travel claims to determine reasons for outstanding balances and initiate action to clear the travel claims.
- Assists in providing DTS sustainment training to command personnel; providing guidance on updates to DTS programs.
- Maintains a tickler file to follow-up on all outstanding travel claims.
- Assists with developing and maintaining an Excel spreadsheet used for tracking and maintaining records for all TAD travel expenses; projections for future budgeting; and budget and trend analysis.
- Pulls reports from DTS Report Scheduler to track all DTS Authorizations and Vouchers; verifying Departure Status, Approved Status, and Un-submitted Vouchers.
- Assists with submitting daily department accountability reports via the Naval Special Warfare Training and Readiness Management System (NTRMS).
- Assists the Command Agency Program Coordinator (APC) for monitoring the day to-day operations of the Department of Defense (DoD) travel card program.
- Maintains an up-to-date list of all current cardholders and accounts to include information such as account names, account numbers, addresses, and telephone numbers. Randomly review and inspect cardholders’ accounts to help prevent and/or identify any fraudulent transactions. Assist cardholders in ensuring balances are paid as required.
- Assists passport applicants in reviewing applications for presence of required entries, signatures and photographs.
- Assists in the processing of VISA applications as necessary.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Shall have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or at least five (5) years’ travel coordinator experience at Upper Level Staff Commands (at least Echelon III).
- Two (2) years’ collective experience as Defense Travel System (DTS) administrator and user.
- Two (2) two years’ experience interpreting and applying the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- Five (5) years’ experience in general office and administrative skills to include experience using Microsoft Office suite and operating office machines such as copier, fax, etc.
- Five (5) years’ experience applying military procedures and protocol.
- Five (5) years’ experience communicating fluently in English verbally and in writing, including using proper grammar, punctuation/spelling to prepare letters/reports.
- Five (5) years’ experience coordinating with Embassy’s and Dignitaries.
- Shall be able to write correspondence in professional format, when necessary.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year