||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Plans, organizes and assists with all activities associated with maintenance, improvements, and upgrades of NAVSCIATTS facilities and grounds. Provides engineering technical support and advisory services for planned and emergent maintenance of craft assigned to NAVSCIATTS to include prime movers and trailers.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, coordinates oversight of:
- a) Facility Maintenance Repair
- b) Alteration/upgrades to facility
- c) Tracking status of approved projects through NSW engineers, Comptroller, NAVFAC and NASA/Stennis Space Center (SSC)
- d) Assist with coordinating trouble calls with NAVFAC, SSC and maintain records.
- Assist with MILCON and Special project documentation preparation such as:
- a) Assist in preparing facility estimates, space analysis, project justification, cost estimates, site approvals, environmental impact statements and other data to as required to support the command facilities program.
- b) Assist in reviewing and analyzing plans and specifications for major construction projects prepared by civilian architectural engineering firms and NAVFAC to ensure structural and functional adequacy.
- c) Assist in reviewing plans and specifications to ensure they conform to the Uniform Building Code, Department of Defense and Navy criteria.
- Assist with coordinating command self-help projects with component commands by:
- a) Providing insight for the validity and economic feasibility of projects.
- b) Tracking material, funding, and schedule to ensure project timeline.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, provides recommendations concerning safety. Assists with the developing an aggressive safety, occupational safety and health program which seek to reduce occupational injuries. Assists with command wide planning to implement all elements of the Navy Safety and Occupational Safety, Health program (NAVOSH).
- a) Maintains NAVOSH records including inspection/assessment reports, injury reports mishap statistics to include providing trend analysis.
- b) Ensures dissemination of NAVOSH information and schedule NAVOSH training with the training department.
- Assist in coordinating all special projects tasks assigned to activities that are related to craft availability planning and execution.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, assists with recommendation to the NAVSCIATTS Maintenance Officer regarding long-range maintenance planning, standardization, and forecasting training craft requirements.
- Assist in developing work or service specification for repair and equipment actions.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, monitors the material and equipment required to support the maintenance, repair, and modernization of craft.
- In coordination with the assigned Government representative, works with the Naval Special Warfare Group FOUR (NSWG-4) Maintenance Department to provide data for long-term maintenance and repair projections.
- Assist with conducting frequent craft inspection, surveys, and site visits.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Eight (8) years’ experience working as project manager or coordinator in construction or related environment, such as civil engineering, power plants, production line management, etc.
- Six (6) years’ experience working with Navy Facilities (NAVFAC) procedures to include initiating new projects as well as maintaining existing facilities and understanding of related documentation. Examples of related documentation include:
- a) Statement of Work
- b) Funding requirements/deadlines
- c) Project coordination
- d) Maintenance/repair coordination
- e) Environmental requirements and limitations
- f) Historical and preservation requirements/limitations
- g) Infrastructure requirements
- h) Facility Review Board
- Six (6) years’ experience with the MILCON process to include a collective understanding of:
- 1391 Process and review
- Congressional opportunities
- Six (6) years’ experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications of several engineering disciplines normally associated with the construction of new facilities.
- Shall have or be able to obtain and maintain a Class D commercial driver’s license within 60 days of hire date.
- Shall have or be able to obtain and maintain certified forklift operator classification within 30 days of hire date.
- Six (6) years’ collective experience working in the methodology for maintenance and modernization; the planning and executing of craft repairs; the formulation of ad-hoc technical and cost effective studies relative to maritime craft maintenance.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with phased maintenance and condition-directed repair concepts on buildings and/or equipment.
- Five (5) years’ experience investigating, analyzing, planning, and implementing corrective action through process improvement and establishing effective cost controls for maintenance problems on buildings and/or equipment.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year