||Business Intelligence and Analytics Specialist
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to provide logistics support and training to NAVSCIATTS.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Support data analytics strategies across the organization. Assist with providing reports generated for internal and external distribution. Supports the design and development of Business Intelligence Platform and Data Conversion products. Uses analytical skills to monitor and plan key performance indicators and provide actionable data for plan business strategies. Supports the implementation of business solutions, leverages technology and decision making processes supporting business transformations, and to achieve NAVSCIATTS long-term strategy goals.
- Assists the N5/Strategic Planning Department to manage projects following established Project Management methodologies. Supports NAVSCIATTS Business Intelligence and Analytics program for senior leadership in the decision making process.
- Supports Knowledge Management (KM) to integrate planning, development and implementation of knowledge initiatives across the command.
- Works with department heads in defining KM requirements, manage KM projects to completion, and implement solutions to meet those requirements.
- Promotes knowledge sharing through the organization's operational business processes and tools to facilitate a seamless exchange of knowledge across the command to increase performance of the command.
- Assists and provides technical expertise in organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification studies, and prepare operations and procedures to assist senior leadership in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Supports all business functions to empower them with data and solutions to have great impact in the decision making process.
- Assists with defining, developing, and implementing departmental strategies around Business Intelligence, which contributes to NAVSCIATTS strategic direction.
- Assist with providing insight to setting Metrics and Key Production Indicators (KPIs) reporting direction.
- Assists with Business Intelligence projects: development, reporting, and integration.
- Assist with providing Business Intelligence insight and team leadership supporting NAVSCIATTS’ strategies and analysis.
- Assists with Business Intelligence and analytics, and data integration initiatives.
- Assists Command’s critical strategies and business processes by supporting, development, implementation, and maintenance of multiple business applications systems and reports.
- Assists with the design and implementation of Web applications, InfoPath Forms, SharePoint, ETL, Relational Databases, and Tableau Dashboards.
- Assists the coordination of multiple Continuous Improvements Projects. Able to set plans deadlines, responsibilities, and progress of multiple projects. Build reports and dashboards for upper management regarding status of the projects. Manages Special Operations Command (SOCOM)/NAVSCIATTS’ Social Media APAN (All Partners Access Network) infrastructure projects.
- Searches technology innovation opportunities and provides recommendations regarding project delivery plans.
- Provides key technical expertise in internal dashboards & Business Intelligence initiatives effectively working with a cross-functional team to deliver impactful analytics.
- Assists N5 with forecasting student throughput and forecasting analysis.
- Assists with preparing and presenting command briefings, reports, and recommendations to various levels of the Chain of Command.
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, and be able to obtain and maintain driver licenses and appropriate special licensing/certification for vehicles and equipment required for their specific position.
- Possess excellent work ethics, verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish where specifically identified, be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions and be able to work independently.
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to manipulate all equipment utilized within courses; able to on and off-board all vessels utilized within courses; able to sustain being underway during training evolutions.
- Be able to work non-standard schedules to satisfy training requirements as required.
- Non-standard schedules are defined as shift work in order to accommodate course schedules, which may encompass weeknights and/or weekends. These are coordinated in advance and do not exceed eight hours.
- Write correspondence in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5216.5 Correspondence Manual as required.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all Government required training associated with job responsibilities.
- Perform data entry utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- Comply with applicable DoD, Navy, USSOCOM and NSW cyber-security, information technology (IT) systems, network, and/or security applicable instructions and policies.
- In the event the contractor is involved with a potential spillage, security violation, or information technology violation, the contractor shall cooperate in any related inquiry or investigation, which may include but not limited to the Government securing contractor property or contractor employee personal property as determined necessary by the Government and/or conducting forensic analysis. Applicable Department of Defense, United Special Operations Command, and Naval Special Warfare regulations, instructions, and policies would apply to such processes.
- Shall exhibit professional conduct and comply with all applicable Federal, DoD, Navy and United Special Operation Command regulations, instructions, directives, and policies in performance of this contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Eight (8) years' experience with Project Management or Business Intelligence and Data Analytics with no Degree, or six (6) years' experience with Project Management or Business Intelligence and Data Analytics with a degree from a U.S. accredited college in either Education, Engineering, or Instructional Development.
- Six (6) years’ experience working with and supporting business and/or technology users in the area of Business Intelligence, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics.
- Three (3) years’ experience leveraging multiple technology platforms, such as Excel, Access, Tableau and other SOCOM approved software/databases when made available, to support program strategies and recommend solutions that meet business goals.
- Three (3) years’ experience of advanced data visualization and reporting proficiency with standard Business Intelligence applications, e.g. Tableau.
- Two (2) years’ experience in analyzing high volumes of data for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience with designing and/or producing analytic-based reports.
- Three (3) years’ experience with finance strategy, analysis, and forecasting.
- Three (3) years’ experience with designing and implementing IT Process solutions on enterprise platforms.
- Prior Navy / Naval Special Warfare experience desired and preferred.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year