Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
||Management Analyst (RM)
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Shall support AFC’s review and assessment of AFC’s compliance with the Army’s Management Internal Control Program (MICP) and the Annual Assurance Statement.
- Provide support to AFC’s Financial Management and Comptroller (FM&C) personnel in the performance of comprehensive reviews, special studies, investigations and selective internal examination of all transactions to determine the accuracy and completeness of documentation and control procedures.
- Provide support to AFC’s FM&C personnel in the performance of comprehensive reviews and analyses of pay, travel, accounting operations, financial systems administration and funds control procedures IAW applicable DoD and Army regulations to determine the accuracy and completeness of documentation and procedures.
- Possess an understanding of business processes (operational and financial) and shall possess an understanding by performing at a minimum the following internal control assessment activities: detailed baseline walkthroughs of business processes, stakeholder interviews, site visits and test of design through inquiry, observation, examination and re-performance of artifacts and key documents.
- Document the accounting cycle transactions associated with relevant business processes and identify key internal controls in those business processes.
- Assist in the review of all developed office and Command policies and SOPs and provide advice to AFC’s FM&C personnel regarding compliance with all applicable DoD and Army regulations.
- Draft for Government review and approval written internal review reports to the Comptroller containing findings or deficiencies and recommendations for remedial action by the operating element.
- Recommend a system to monitor and control the status of internal review reports; assist in reviews of the Command and subordinate elements at least quarterly and follow-up reviews to ensure compliance with written guidance, external audit reports, or local review findings; and assist in coordinating with senior-level members of the Resource Management office, AFC leadership, supported/subordinate command elements and Headquarters Department of the Army on audits, policy, and inspections which impact the organization's MICP Annual Assurance Statement.
- Provide technical advice, assistance and consultation on financial management controls to assessable unit managers, as necessary.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of management controls and adequacy of management control evaluations and actions taken to correct material weaknesses; identify potential weaknesses in management controls that could merit reporting as a material weakness; and assist in ensuring the stated objective for each review is met based on statutory, regulatory and command requirements, valid requests for services, and the requirements developed from risk assessments.
- Provide advice and recommendations predicated on a review and assessment of documentation and data against objective criteria such as specific requirements or good business practice, and provide guidance to internal staff charged with governance and responsibility to oversee or initiate corrective action(s) on objective analysis that may improve a program's performance and operation, reduce costs, facilitate decision making and contribute to public accountability.
- Review internal controls that are in place and evaluate Command compliance and effectiveness of the internal controls.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years direct, relevant experience.
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year