SOF Intelligence Planner
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The Intelligence Planner will provide collection and targeting analysis in support of Mission Concept (MICON) and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) planning that is of sufficient quality for formal operational processes and employment. Assist in mission planning that leverages NSW Intelligence Platforms operating in semi-and no-permissive environments. Assist in evaluation of target value, target vulnerabilities, and technologies appropriate for target engagement.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Reconstruct and document tasked networks by analyzing IC products/reporting and new technologies for developing and implementing strategies to support future SOF planning.
- Examine tasked networks for metadata and evaluate findings to support SOF planning. Use these data to reconstruct and evaluate networks to judge the value to the tasked mission.
- Analyze new technologies and leverage current and emerging analytic tools in support of sponsor directed tasking.
- Intelligence planner will provide technical package intelligence details, including MICON/CONOPS, supporting mission concept development, future operations assessments, deployment and employment of emerging technologies and target level detail necessary per sponsor directed tasking.
- Perform sustained target analysis and enhancement using developed and reliable analytic techniques.
- Identify analytic vectors using knowledge of various technologies and/or topics.
- Examine IC reporting and metadata to support the development of existing targets and the discovery of other analytic vectors through the reconstruction and documentation of targeted networks.
- Contribute to knowledge management by entering sources and analytic findings into appropriate databases and other repositories on a timely basis.
- Collaborate closely with the Intelligence Community (IC) to include the extended enterprise. Coordinate and participate in meetings, analytic exchanges, exercises, war games, and demonstrations as directed by the sponsor.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to brief products concisely at the senior levels of the SOF enterprise.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance.
- Naval Special Warfare/SOF experience highly desired.
- Operational experience as an Intelligence Planner required
- At least 5 years of experience in the Intelligence Community (IC) as a target analyst against nation-state) hard targets) is required. This expertise may have been gained while serving in the IC (e.g., CIA, NSA, NGA, DIA), in an operational or analytical role, but not through academic studies alone.
- CIA experience and training is required
- At least 3 years of experience with Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operating Environment is desired, to include proficient knowledge developing intelligence collection plans, target level intelligence materials, reporting, and other materials supporting target analysis, mission analysis, and concept of operations development.
- US Navy Fleet experience is desired, to include proficient knowledge of Joint Military doctrine and operations in medium-to-high threat, and semi-to-non-permissive environments. This expertise might have been gained as a military member or civilian capacity.
- Experience shall include at least one overseas deployment of 3 months or more in support of expeditionary military operations (required), and at least one deployment in support of combat operations is desired.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Joint SOF mission areas related to Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Military Information Support Operations, military operational planning, and campaign design.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with SOF operating systems and equipment.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Experience analyzing nation state vulnerabilities, and intelligence community training and experience are preferred particularly in the areas of operations, intelligence and planning in Great Power Competition adversaries as described in the National Defense Strategy.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year