Building Maintenance Repair
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The purpose of this task is to perform self-help facility support services that are minor/straightforward in scope, with working knowledge of electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and HVAC systems and principles.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Carpentry: Builds, repairs, paint, alters, and installs wooden articles and structures. Constructs and installs window frames, door frames, inside walls, floors, ceilings, closets, counters, shelves, casing, wood foundations, and similar structures. Plans and lays out work from blueprints, drawings and verbal instructions. Determines work sequence, materials and tools to be used. Measures and cuts materials to required lengths. Uses hand and portable power tools of the carpentry trade, shop woodworking equipment and standard measuring instruments such as rulers, carpenter's square and levels.
- Electrical: Ability to locate, trace circuit panels and reset breakers as necessary. Relamp light fixtures and replace ballasts as necessary. Uses specialized measuring instruments such as voltmeters, amp meters, and, ohmmeters.
- Plumbing: Assembles, installs, and repairs various plumbing fixtures (i.e. sinks, toilets, faucets, etc.). Uses hand and power tools of the plumbing trade.
- HVAC: Possess working knowledge of basic sequence of operations for mechanical systems such as chill water, hot water, heat pump, air handling units, and condensing/evaporator units. Ability to locate source and determine cause of malfunctions.
- Perform project site visits and prepare scopes of work as required. Select the appropriate tools, equipment, and materials needed at the worksite and determine extent of work to be done.
- Prepare project cost and quantity estimates. Prepare orders for material, tools, and tool consumable items required to accomplish assignments.
- Receive, pick up, store, and maintain project material, tools, and tool consumable items.
- Maintain an organized workshop.
- Maintain project records and data.
- Perform facility inspections to identify deficiencies.
- Perform occasional grounds keeping, snow removal, and carpet cleaning tasks.
- Perform minor painting and drywall repair projects.
- Perform furniture movement, assembly, and/or disassembly tasks
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a SECRET Security Clearance.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Possess at a minimum of five (5) years working experience and in-depth knowledge of related duties.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 85 lbs.
- Possess a valid current driver’s license and be able drive government vehicles when required.
- Naval Special Warfare experience desired.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year