Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
||SharePoint System Administrator
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||None. Must be able to pass a Public Trust Background Check.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Provides SharePoint farm and infrastructure administration services.
- Daily monitoring of all SharePoint technical activities; primary support of the SharePoint service with a thorough knowledge of appropriate utilities/tool, user roles and application permissions; and support of Microsoft web services on Windows servers.
- Provides SharePoint support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This includes work on nights and weekends to provide operations support, security patching, and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
- Checks on the proper execution of all tasks daily.
- Develops, changes, modifies, and implements SharePoint processes after approvals
- Assists customer application teams in solving intermittent recurring problems.
- Tracks and ensures the expeditious solution of all problems with all migration activities.
- Answers questions related to tasks, roles, site virtualization in a SharePoint environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues that affect the ability of the SharePoint performing at full functionality.
- Maintains, tunes, and patches systems for optimum performance and security and with no or minimal downtime.
- Troubleshoots problems and take corrective action to fix problem.
- Monitors system performance and take corrective action to optimize usage of system resources.
- Provides support for farm, server, database, site, and file level backup and restores.
- Installs and configures the SharePoint application in Windows environment.
- Upgrades SharePoint as required.
- Provides solutions architecture advice for Enterprise SharePoint supports.
- Analyzes and defines the organization’s information architecture.
- Understands and designs taxonomies for customer organizations.
- Designs and documents the appropriate SharePoint solution based on information architecture, taxonomy analysis and the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensures changes are planned and implemented in a sound, low risk manner, without creating system outages.
- Implements security structures provided by the security infrastructure group to prevent unauthorized access and maintain system security.
- Experience in integration with ADFS Federation services and External IDPs
- Troubleshoots and corrects issues and concerns to affect the functionality of the web sites.
- Assigns windows authentication permissions to provide access and functionality of web sites with different levels of access allowed.
- Submit Domain Name Services requests to allow for the addition, modification and deletion of host names, and A records.
- Develops and maintains detailed and accurate documentation as requested by the Service Manager, team lead and/or CTR. Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting aids, and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities.
- Ensures all changes are logged using listserv archive lists, and division, branch, and team change management procedures.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a Windows server environment
- Five (5) or more years of experience with the SharePoint application, with formal training; experience with SharePoint implementation.
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing leadership or mentoring teams, including hands on experience, which are responsible for systems and/or network design, administration and support.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively knowledgeable, responsible and skilled experience in systems and networking.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Windows Servers 2012, 2008 configurations and administration.
- Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Excellent problem management and troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve SharePoint and web service-related problems
- Proven ability to design, architect, develop, and maintain a medium to large scale network and server environment.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory administration and management (manage objects and groups), Virtualization technologies (VMware and Hyper-V), and Enterprise backup technologies (Veritas Netbackup)
- Experience with SharePoint upgrade process and technique to latest version of SharePoint as well as to SPO/O365.
- Experience with architecture and support of SharePoint Online and Office 365
- Experience with SharePoint service architecture and setting up, configuring, and supporting all SharePoint service applications such as Search, UPA, Metadata, Secure Store, BCS in a cross-farm configuration.
- Experience in install, configure, and support SQL Reporting Services
- Experience in install, configure, and support Office Web Apps/Office Online Server
- Experience in install, configure, and support Workflow Manager
- Experience with SharePoint OOTB workflow as well as third party workflow tool such as Nintex
- Great customer service and interfacing with cross functional teams required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- SharePoint Certification Desired
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year